Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rorye

Reaction score
i put a new stator on my 125 lifan.
connected the wires exactly the same how i disconnected them
black from bike into green from stator
black/red from bike to red/black from stator
blue/white to blue/white

there is also a green with red wire.
a white 1
and a yellow wire.

these 3 dont have anything to connect to.

ok bak to point.
wen i installed it it fired up fine.
rode it 2 times then i could smell like a burning smell which i found came from behind the casing where the stator is,
now the bike wont kick over. ive tryed clutching it and still nothing.

could any1 please help or should i buy another stator plate etc..

hmm love cooking a new 1 like 5 mins after installing it.
the sparky is sweet as. bike has prob like 4 hours on it

oh yea and ive got no clue about that diagram u posted none of it makes sence to me

engine-wire.jpg

Good diagram... Quite easy to understand...

well on this diagram the green is earth but if the colours do not match up on ur one use a volt tester and see how they go you just might have the wrong wire some where but i think u have cooked it because if it was working then after it smoked or what ever it did and then stoped working then yer u get the hint. :p

ahem...the white and yellow wires? where did you end up placing them? theyre the 12v power wires...and if they just dangled around and shorted out on the engine or frame somewhere.... well, whats a fuse for? :p so parts dont fry... so, isolate them.

the green wire with the red... when you installed the stator, this went to a seperate lil plug just above the sprocket, i guess? thats the neutral indicator wire and does nothing...

now when you say, not kicking over...you mean the engine isnt turning at all, or its just not firing?

if its not turning over at all, or making nasty scraping sounds, and combined with the burning smell you mentioned, id say the power coil has fried, expanded and...well, go figure :p luckily, you can pull it off without any detrimental effects :D (or the cdi generator coil has fried...in which case...new stator time :()

um...now if the engines simply not sparking... and so not firing up... the choices are the cdi generator coil fried, or the cdi unit itself is fried... did you fit the EXACT SAME style of stator? (or did the stator come with a flywheel, which you used?) cause theres a few styles of stator/flywheel out there, and they ARE NOT COMPATIBLE! ie, one stator type uses one flywheel type, and cant be mix n matched...

the burning smell is curious...

pull it apart, check everything :)

and...why dd you change the stator anyway?

okies havnt come on here since i posted last.
checked everything on it today.
to answer the Q's
stator got replaced as chain came off and broke the metal thing infort of it.
wires are all sorted out now.
the burning smell was the ignition coil which was faulty.
stator was sent out from the company that i brought it off so it was identical.
now for the fun bit

took the coil off. replaced it.
tightened everything up.
went to kick start it.
nothing. :(
tryed again nothing:(

then i clutch started it on my driveway.
started :):):)
conked out in like 10 secs lol :(

did it again, but made sure to keep it running.
did about 20 laps of my street parked it shut it down. kick started it..
WOOO HOOOO i got my fun back. lol

cheers for the help tho guys.

I hate stator plates, i broke mine twice and had to buy a third. Made the mistake of not having a full engine casing and chain kept coming off due to a doo laley back wheel. All fixed now and bike sold :(

Looking for another if anyone has one ;)

Latest posts

Back