Tomy's CRF50 88 Limited Build...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Bilco! Appreciate the Kind Words ;)

Well I FINALLY got the Rear Hand Brake hooked up and working! Couldnt of done it without 50nut, Legend!

Feels good, nice and firm as is. Will have to find out how it goes with Tomorrow's Ride :)

f**k that looks tricckk man, definatly come along way. wish ya lived closer so we could go for a ride man haha

f**k that looks tricckk man, definatly come along way. wish ya lived closer so we could go for a ride man haha

Thanks Heaps Mitch! Appreciate the Kind Words. Really am Liking how it is now! Love It haha :D

Yeah true...maybe one day we could go for a ride!

Was working on getting some Pressure on the Front Formula Brakes today and for some reason I undid the Bolt which holds the Brake Cable onto the Caliper so I went to do it up but tightened it too much and...it Snapped :(

Bit stuck to what I should do as it really is a 1 off part. The bolt has a bit of thread on the end and then 2 tiny holes on either side for the Brake Fluid to run through...

ANYONE think a Bolt from a similar Front Disc Caliper might work?aha...So Annoyed with it.

HELP would be Appreciated!

Cheers...Haha yeah its a Good Update! :(

Last edited:
dont know how to help u there mate but i was wondering where di you get your marzocchies?

dont know how to help u there mate but i was wondering where di you get your marzocchies?

Thats alright haha...Well I SWAPPED my BBR SP-5s for the Marzocchi's which came with my Brothers 88 when he 1st bought it.

I chipped in to Pay for his Bike but...so the Deal was I could have the Zocchies :) Pretty Lucky!

Ditch the underpowered mtn bike brakes for real brakes ;)

yeah i just had to buy new master cyclinder, brake pads, pistons, and new hydraulic cable custom mate to suit new handle, i spent $50 at KTM and stil nto working , seem to have air in line cant get out,

marzocchi these days come with the upgraded nissen system, anyone know here can get one from cheers, cause the calliper on the formulas dont have a bleed nipple like big bikes so makes it hard to bleed and takes forever!.

but yeah tommy, you should just be able go to shop get one, KTM dont have any cause i was going to replace that bolt too, but yeah i wouldnt go back haha, after all money i spent and as told it would work , and they didnt give me a refund on some parts i got money back on, gave me credit the C**nts

Ditch the underpowered mtn bike brakes for real brakes ;)

Haha I think they work FINE for an 88 :D

yeah i just had to buy new master cyclinder, brake pads, pistons, and new hydraulic cable custom mate to suit new handle, i spent $50 at KTM and stil nto working , seem to have air in line cant get out,

marzocchi these days come with the upgraded nissen system, anyone know here can get one from cheers, cause the calliper on the formulas dont have a bleed nipple like big bikes so makes it hard to bleed and takes forever!.

but yeah tommy, you should just be able go to shop get one, KTM dont have any cause i was going to replace that bolt too, but yeah i wouldnt go back haha, after all money i spent and as told it would work , and they didnt give me a refund on some parts i got money back on, gave me credit the C**nts

Far Out hey haha! You've spent so much on them and there STILL not working! Must be so annoying...hope you get it Sorted SOON!

Yeah sounds pretty gay how KTM have treated you about it...I wouldnt be either if they did that to me...bloody hell...definitely should have given you a Full Refund! Damb

Heres a Pic of my ANNOYING Problem:

formulaboltsnapped1complete.jpg

The Snapped Bolt which holds the Front Brake Cable onto the Caliper.

Wouldnt be TOO HARD to find a Replacement one?haha

get her out , shouldn't be in there to tight , and go to bolt shop they mite have something you could use . its a banjo bolt for fluid right? there not cable operated ay?

get her out , shouldn't be in there to tight , and go to bolt shop they mite have something you could use . its a banjo bolt for fluid right? there not cable operated ay?

Yeah will try tomorrow haha.

Must be a Banjo Bolt, yep for fluid as there a 2 real small holes drilled out on either end of the bolt...if that makes sense.

Yep , you can even make your own out of a bolt if it comes down to it , i would assume you just have to get the holes the right length down the bolt, and the rest shouldn't really matter.

I would probably just take it to a mtbbike shop because i hate dealing with this sort of crap lol , they should have plenty of calipers to suit the bolt pattern you would think , and they could bleed and sort them all out.

Yep , you can even make your own out of a bolt if it comes down to it , i would assume you just have to get the holes the right length down the bolt, and the rest shouldn't really matter.

I would probably just take it to a mtbbike shop because i hate dealing with this sort of crap lol , they should have plenty of calipers to suit the bolt pattern you would think , and they could bleed and sort them all out.

Haha Sweet!

Im at my Parent's place on the South Coast...Ill just wait it out until I head back up to Newcastle to get it sorted haha.

Dont really need front brakes anyways :)

Cheers for the Help, Appreciate it!

hay tommy ive got a fast 50s rear hand brake kit on my stock crf50 but the bracket that holds the brake cable that bolts against the swingarm doesnt fit on the bigger after market swingarms howd ya get yours to fit thought about putting it on my 88 but not sure how?

hay tommy ive got a fast 50s rear hand brake kit on my stock crf50 but the bracket that holds the brake cable that bolts against the swingarm doesnt fit on the bigger after market swingarms howd ya get yours to fit thought about putting it on my 88 but not sure how?

Hi!

Oh yeah Sweet! Well my Rear Hand Brake is actually a Fabbed up job...theres a metal cube welded onto the rear hub and then Ive just got a cable running from the bars, through a hole in the metal cube then onto the brake arm.

BUT with your Fast50s Kit it should work with your Billetware Swingarm...the Bracket wont go around the rectangular part of the Swingarm hey...wont it bolt onto the circular tubing of the Swingarm on the right hand side? The section which rises to the shock mount...you should be able to bolt it on there at the lowest point and it should work sweet still...

A Pic would help out but it will work with your Billetware Swinga for sure!

Let me know if that sounds like it would work?haha

Making a $1605 AUS Dollar Order sometime Today :D

Cant Wait! Few more Necessary Mods to come in a week or two...But until then No Riding :(

Making a $1605 AUS Dollar Order sometime Today :D

Cant Wait! Few more Necessary Mods to come in a week or two...But until then No Riding :(

haha shit, you end up getting more stuff ?

Latest posts

Back