Tomy's CRF50 88 Limited Build...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha shit, you end up getting more stuff ?

Haha na thats just the Total for the Order Ill be making today with the 2 other guys chipping in for their Stuff!

The Order Ill be making includes:

3 x Fox Float MXRs for CRF50s
1 x Yoshimura RS-2 Ehxaust System for CRF50
1 x Pro Circuit T-4 Exhaust System for CRF50
1 x Red Baron 14TH Front Sprocket
1 x JT 15TH Front Sprocket

Oh Cant Wait! :D

Haha na thats just the Total for the Order Ill be making today with the 2 other guys chipping in for their Stuff!

The Order Ill be making includes:

3 x Fox Float MXRs for CRF50s
1 x Yoshimura RS-2 Ehxaust System for CRF50
1 x Pro Circuit T-4 Exhaust System for CRF50
1 x Red Baron 14TH Front Sprocket
1 x JT 15TH Front Sprocket

Oh Cant Wait! :D

That's a nice list. lol.

Is that from the place you hooked me up with Tommy?

Why the fox float over the elka? I heard they are crap compared to the elka's.

Tom Tom is that yoshi for you ???

Yep sure is haha! Decided on the Yoshi...gonna give it a go, should run pretty good hopefully, just going to fix up the Gearing with the 14TH Front Sprocket :)

Last edited:
That's a nice list. lol.

Is that from the place you hooked me up with Tommy?

Why the fox float over the elka? I heard they are crap compared to the elka's.

Haha yep sure is! PitBikePitStop!

Well the Elka I had, the Spring was Heaps Heavy for me and it was going to cost $80US to get a Softer Spring...so I sold it and just decided on going the Float as Ive talked to a few guys about them and they rate them to be Real Nice shocks! Cant Wait :D

Hey tommy

Just wondering what you used to polish your engine case (the right side), im polishing my whole engine, i bought Autosol metal polish, just thinking wha is the best way to apply it, i used a micro fibre cloth.

PS: Cant wait for my Elka :)

Cheers Jono

Hey tommy

Just wondering what you used to polish your engine case (the right side), im polishing my whole engine, i bought Autosol metal polish, just thinking wha is the best way to apply it, i used a micro fibre cloth.

PS: Cant wait for my Elka :)

Cheers Jono

Well heres how I went along to Polish my Clutch Cover up...

1. Remove the Clutch Cover off the Bike

2. Sprayed Paint Stripper (you can get it in a spray can) and coated the painted surface up...did this a few times until the Metallic Paint comes off and you can see only bare metal

3. Give it a quick hose down to get rid of any excess paint stripper and paint

4. Sanded the Bare Metal right back starting at 400 Grade Wet and Dry Sandpaper, then to 800, 1200 and finishing it off with 1400 to smoothen any scratches out etc.

5. Bought this Josco Plishing Kit: Josco* |* Polishing Kit And followed the Instructions on the Packet until it came nice and polished mirror looking finishing

6. Gave it another good clean to get rid of any wax from the Josco Kit

7. Finishing up with using the Autosol Metal Polish which comes in a tube

Thats about it!

But doing this can take a fair few hours and you have to be Real Patient in doing it, otherwise the end result wont look as good.

I think it took me about a good 8hrs or so to get it looking like a mirror haha but even that wasnt the best job! Another couple of hours would have helped but by that time I was getting pretty over it. So yeah after reading that and your still Keen on Polishing... "Go For It!"

Without using the Wet and Dry Sandpaper and Josco Polishing Kit the end result wont compare to just using metal polish...if your going to do it, do it properly!

Also after time obviously the Clutch Cover will scuff up so you have to hit it up with the Autosol Metal Polish, best off getting it on after every wash!

That about sums it up :D

Haha yeah I bet man! Sorry about the Delay with the Elka though...

Cheers ;)

Last edited:
Yeah i used Industrial strength paint stripper it worked heaps well.
I just applied the paint stripper (its in a jelly form), left it for a while and then just wiped it off with a towel.

Im also stripping my frame and my middle engine cases of the paint aswell.
Check out my build Its ''Pitboss Re-build". It looks way better now as those photos are a bit old.
Ill get some picks up of the finished frame and engine this weekend.

Is there a buffing wheel that i could buy to get it more of a shine.

Cheers man

Yeah i used Industrial strength paint stripper it worked heaps well.
I just applied the paint stripper (its in a jelly form), left it for a while and then just wiped it off with a towel.

Im also stripping my frame and my middle engine cases of the paint aswell.
Check out my build Its ''Pitboss Re-build". It looks way better now as those photos are a bit old.
Ill get some picks up of the finished frame and engine this weekend.

Is there a buffing wheel that i could buy to get it more of a shine.

Cheers man

Sounds good mate!

Yeah buy the Josco Buffing and Polishing wheels...they are the go to get that Mirror Finish! Along with the Josco Wax Blocks that go with each wheel.

Well my Goodies Arrived Today :D

newpartsfloatyoshi.jpg

SO STOKED!

Fox Float MXR, Yoshimura RS-2 Exhaust System and a 13TH Front Sprocket...along with a ReegMX Rear Foot Brake Pedal I picked up on the Weekend!

Should have the New Shock and Pipe on in the next couple of days and Ordered all the Parts I need to switch from Rear Hand Brake to Foot today through Honda!

Few things are happening again on my 88...Cant Wait to Ride it with the New Set-Up! :)

Last edited:
hey tommy i tried out the float today and it was amazing . took abit of setting up and its still not right yet but a million times better than my other one . i reckon u will love it .

Hey

Cant wait to see some more photos of your bike with the new goodies.
Be interesting to see the difference between the Yoshi and the Pro-circuit.

Looking fly

hey tommy i tried out the float today and it was amazing . took abit of setting up and its still not right yet but a million times better than my other one . i reckon u will love it .

hey dude, you were at cessnock on weekend hey,
howd you end up going in final.

just wondering, what pressure you running in your fox float, i got one a week or abit back and yeah, not sure if ive got it right yet, went good on weekend but, tons better shock hey...

i used to run mine at about 290for racing to 320 for freestyle but mine was valved to handle it i think standard ones are bout 270psi for racing i think it was flarry that got mine shoulda keept all my crf gear regret selling it all lol

Hey

Looking fly

Me and tommy might be able to figure that out on the weekend because i got a pro circuit and we can put them back to back .

and yeh im running 250 which seems pretty good but might go up to 270 like tim said for racing because where i was riding it only had a few small jumps .

Fox Float MXR, Yoshi System and New 13TH Front Sprocket are now on :D Got them on a bit before haha!

Cant Wait to kick it over and Ride with the New Shock...plus Gearing should be Good!

Hopefully have all my Genuine Honda Parts I need to run my ReegMX Brake Pedal by Tomorrow or Thursday as well...then all I gotta do is get my Forumla Brakes bled and working Nicely!

YEW :)

Very nice bunch of goodies there pal!

:D

I got mine Bolted in a bit earlier! Still need to set it up...Im running 100PSI at the moment hahaha!

Yeah just sitting on it feels so nice! Cant Wait to actually ride with it :)

Hey

Looking fly

Cheers mate!

Ill get some Fresh Pics up soon! ;)

Latest posts

Back