Trains's Atomik Comp L 160 Build.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm main seems to be roughly right. Ill just buy a pilot jet kit. Theres a 42 in there currently

Seem to have an electrical problem. Will have to diagnose it when im not working 45 hours in a week and doing full time uni..

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

You will only need a #45 Pilot jet to fix the hesitation, then adjust the mixture screw to suit.
What the electrical problem ?

Sweeeet!! Could be a range of things. But the bike just wouldnt stay at idle, it would stall. If you revved it up it would run for maybe 3 seconds. Cleaned out the carby so it wasnt that. Could be as simple as a spark plug. Dont think it was the coil pack because i swapped it out with one i had at home (which i think was alive)

After some diagnosis we have found that the bike has little or no spark. Could be a range of things but most likely the ignition coil. Ive had some serious bad luck with coils. So i bought 2 hahahaaaa. Also i started on the oil lines. Just need a decent pair of coolers
e458fd0544aa08a995c939e288ae54c5.jpg
bbfc1a7be73fd666795eb98b135dff74.jpg

Bare metal the frame where the ignition coil mount's to, and smear some dielectric grease or similar onto the metal to stop cprrosion/rust.

Those Braided line's look nice.
Remember to bolt up one banjo fitting fitted to the braid and tighten it before you tighten the second banjo fitting, so you can rotate it to suit the angle of you engine or cooler etc
Did you get new copper washer's and bling banjo bolt's for them ?

If you are interested in selling the twin cooler setup you have then im keen on them...
Did you go for a stronger output coil? The taki hyper coil on callums bike combined with the splitfire lead gives so much more spark than stock..

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Bare metal the frame where the ignition coil mount's to, and smear some dielectric grease or similar onto the metal to stop cprrosion/rust.

Those Braided line's look nice.
Remember to bolt up one banjo fitting fitted to the braid and tighten it before you tighten the second banjo fitting, so you can rotate it to suit the angle of you engine or cooler etc
Did you get new copper washer's and bling banjo bolt's for them ?

Yep when i get the bike back from Snaptrax's house ill give that a go. Yeah ive only done one side so far. i will be getting some copper washers very soon. The banjo bolts ive got should be okay.

If you are interested in selling the twin cooler setup you have then im keen on them...
Did you go for a stronger output coil? The taki hyper coil on callums bike combined with the splitfire lead gives so much more spark than stock..

one of my coolers sprung a leak so im currently running on a single cooler. im looking for a matching pair currently. i was looking into the hypercoils but decided on just the splitfire leads. im able to get them cheap from Atomik in Melbourne. should give me sufficient spark.

Ahh ok then, will keep hunting for a twin set up then ;)
Yeah the splitfire adds more spark then the stock plug lead, more spark makes them so much easier to start.

Yep when i get the bike back from Snaptrax's house ill give that a go. Yeah ive only done one side so far. i will be getting some copper washers very soon. The banjo bolts ive got should be okay.

one of my coolers sprung a leak so im currently running on a single cooler. im looking for a matching pair currently. i was looking into the hypercoils but decided on just the splitfire leads. im able to get them cheap from Atomik in Melbourne. should give me sufficient spark.

The spitfire leads do not work on 190 anima motors!!

You can't mount them correctly. I have 1 sitting at home I can't use.

Don't waste your money. Once you find the real cause of the soft spark they aren't actually too bad from stock.

The spitfire leads do not work on 190 anima motors!!

You can't mount them correctly. I have 1 sitting at home I can't use.

Don't waste your money. Once you find the real cause of the soft spark they aren't actually too bad from stock.
Zach is running splitfire leads... what do you mean you cant mount them? Theyre just a lead with an inline amplifier set up.
bb151332dfbef5e1f33352018fba16f6.jpg

Zach is running splitfire leads... what do you mean you cant mount them? Theyre just a lead with an inline amplifier set up.

Sorry not just the lead the coil as well. The coil has different connections.

No point doing the lead without the coil IMO.

Money better put into suspension now you got the 190.

Yeah might do another split buy soon and steal some engi's off a braaap soon

Rear suspension is perfect. But front is letting it down

Sorry not just the lead the coil as well. The coil has different connections.

No point doing the lead without the coil IMO.

Money better put into suspension now you got the 190.
I made the coil work when i had the 190, just put different connectors on it and wired it in pretty easy from memory. Had to do that when i added the hyper coil to callums engine to.. 5 mins worth of wire stripping and soldering did the trick...
I have to disagree with just the lead not being worth it, jaydens 110 had a stock coil, i added just the lead to that and you could hear the difference in the spark output when you pulled the lead off....

On the 190's I'm talking. Don't waste your money. Much better electronics than the older style motors.

I had one on my YX and HO motors and made a difference.

I would also be checking the mapping you have on your 190 mate. Some of them seemed to decrease spark when I played around with them.

Hmmmm ill have a look. What sort of map should i be running?

You forget i had a 190 maybe? I found just the lead helped on the 190, and the coil made a bigger improvement again, then the hyper coil was on the 190 just before i got rid of it and that was another improvement, although marginal.
Where is the improvement in electronics? The cdi isnt going to improve spark output, and the coils they have stock are pretty average as well...

I have seen a lot more than one 190 motors and what people run.

Zach is the only person I know running one. Every other rider on the line at VCM don't. Does he get any gains better than anyone else on the line? No. Does his motor run any better having it than anyone elses? No.

Just forget it. It's called an opinion.

No different to me having a opinion as well mate. Im not saying i got performance gains, simply heaps easier to start, and i didnt foul plugs which is common on the 190s. You cant get your back up at me, im simply stating my own opinion, providing my reasoning, and asking you for your reasoning.

Latest posts

Back