Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustyFork

Reaction score
I just put a head back on my engine after I have reseated the valves and put in new piston and rings after a quick hone of the bore. Put it all back together and I have 0 compression. There is no leaks through new head gasket and head bolts are tight. So what is it? My thoughts are on the little lug on the roller on the camshaft is letting air out.dont know what it is call ed and only seen them on 2 china cams I've played with. Is it some sort of decomp? It spins one way and locks up when you spin it the other. I fixed an old china dunga by removingthis off a cam as it was causing the engine to hunt when idling and would not rev. Once I removed it off the cam and put it back in engine ran perfect. Is this my problem?

Already done. Just tryin to an idea what I'm lookin for when I get stuck into it tommoro and maybe find out what this lug on the cam does and if it has to be set in a certain position. Carnt find any info though

is it on a Ducar or something like that ?
does it have the internal ( under the head cover) anti kick back mechanism,
or the one with the bolt on the outside of the head cover and the spring and pin on the inside ?

I'm working on a yx 140 head. The other bike I took the anti kick back mech was on a shineray I think this may also be a ducar. I think ya right In it being a anti kick back mech the ones I'm talking about are fitted on the inside of the cam bearing. It's round and has a lip on it.

you can take them off,
but it means taking the cam out, pressing the bearing off then remove the anti kickback mech,
refit the bearing, and put it back together again

Problem found. Sunday morning I kicked the bike in the gut again and noticed I had fuel and piss out the back of the carby. Huh ok the airs comming back through the inlet valve. Pulled head off and noticed inlet valve wasn't closed. I had replaced and reseated the valve earlier on Saturday avo and when I took them out for a final clean befor install I mixed it it up with the original bent valve. This is what happens when too many jean beam cans are involved when working on engines. My bad. Thanks for the replies anyway!

lol, that'll teach you.
glad you go it sorted anyway

Problem found. Sunday morning I kicked the bike in the gut again and noticed I had fuel and piss out the back of the carby. Huh ok the airs comming back through the inlet valve. Pulled head off and noticed inlet valve wasn't closed. I had replaced and reseated the valve earlier on Saturday avo and when I took them out for a final clean befor install I mixed it it up with the original bent valve. This is what happens when too many jean beam cans are involved when working on engines. My bad. Thanks for the replies anyway!
it sucks more when you try to undo your cam sprocket after too many jimmies and the chain slits because its not tensioned and then you bend a new tb inlet valve

Latest posts

Back