Z50 Gorilla Replica (Tonelli G125)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks sexy man, with the raise in the rear end it looks more proportional

looks sexy man, with the raise in the rear end it looks more proportional

I want to lower both ends proportionately, the front is currently sitting about 2 inches too high and the back about an inch. But I may be restricted in how low the front can go by the size of the anima?? That arrives today!! YAY!!

I'll probably cut the springs to get the required ride height in the front then take the springs to a renowned spring joint over here and get some made the same length but stiffer!! The I can play with the rear height to match.

Where did you get the forks from, dhz from memory can get the longer stem in and then just get the old pressed out and new in.
Can't you slide the forks up there should be maybe an inch and a half, if you cut the springs aren't you gonna have massive front end sag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Yeah got the forks from DHZ, I'll be pressing another steering stem into the Black Labels!!

Because the head tube on the frame is sooo short on this bike and the forks have external tapers, the top triple is right at the bottom of the parallel top section and the bottom triple is right at the top of the bottom parallel section, if you get what I mean?? I've probably got 5mm up and down to play with before one of the two triples is stepping off onto the tapered section of the fork outer!! You get me?? Haha!!

As far as sag when you shorten the fork springs you have to match the dampning rod, down the centre of the fork, to the same length otherwise the first wheelie you pull the forks drop that far that the spring is loose!! There's guys in Perth that can do the whole job but I wouldn't mind having a crack myself!!

I knew this suspension upgrade wasn't going to be as simple as "plug and play" but I've sourced replacement steering stems somewhere else that should be easy enough!!

Last edited:
couldnt you measure the drop in the fork, get your dampening rod and cut it then cut a thread on it? then its at full extention when your doin a mono and theres no drop... that being said you would prolly have to put more oil in to make it bottom out on oil pressure not metal to metal

I have done it with chinese forks before, it was pretty easy, just made a spacer that was the same distance as what i cut off to sit on the lower side of dampening rod(might be other way round with usd forks), then i ended up preloading up the spring with washers to get it a bit firmer till they felt right. I say have a go, i pulled them apart worked out what i had to do and it all worked out well, if i can do it, anyone can

Oh ok yeah I know exactly what you mean, good I just learnt something. I'll defiantly be keen to see how you go mate I'm also so keen to see a 190 in it and see what you think of it.
Things gonna be a weapon when done.

how does the 190 fit in with the front wheel being so close to the old motor?

how does the 190 fit in with the front wheel being so close to the old motor?

Yeah good question, won't know until I put the engine in! Bigger engine and bigger wheels!!! The longer forks will help but I don't want the forks that long!!

Got onto someone in the east who is supplying a set of triple clamps that will bolt straight in and take the black label fork legs!!!

You might have some problems there mate hopefully not but i remember seeing somewhere that the engine didn't even fit into the older lxr frames without hitting the front fender, just saying.

just measure from the top mount to the top of the end of the head... should be okay to work from that measurement
or else you will prolly have to lengthen the frame

Might be safe, the tonelli frames are 1 or 2 inches longer than the honda frame and a few guys have them in original frames without too many dramas, well apart from the fugly lookin head design!

Might be safe, the tonelli frames are 1 or 2 inches longer than the honda frame and a few guys have them in original frames without too many dramas, well apart from the fugly lookin head design!
engrave some stuff on it maybe?

I measured the 125 and the 150 Anima in my minitard and they are the same length!!! Surpized me!! I've heard the 190 Anima is the same length as the 150!!

I'll just paint the engine matt black and it will disappear!!! haha Maybe wrinkle black on the cool rocker cover??

Latest posts

Back