Z50 Gorilla Replica (Tonelli G125)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The anima is in!!

sm9u.jpg

1phv.jpg

v6t1.jpg

m9oh.jpg

wvzw.jpg

very nice addition there....
i would love to have one of those boxes arriving at my place one day !

are the forks not siting properly at the top?
there seems to be a heap of rake in the 1st pic

I think there just sitting there with the stem lose in the tube to see how it looks, doubt he would of got the stem sorted yet.
I could be wrong.
Anyways looking mean as mate its gonna be awesome when finished, you'll have to let us know what you think of the power output on the 190 compared to the 150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I'm pretty much like a kid in a candy store atm with two anima's in the shed!!!

The modified triple clamps are coming express today, arrive tomorrow, supposed to be overnight from Vic. I'll believe it when I see it!! Then I can set the head bearings and see how the bike's stance pans out. I've been wedging a a 7mm deep socket in at the top to try and guage what it's going to look like and I know it's going to be too high!! I may put some spacing bushes under the top triple clamp so I can slide the forks through a bit more and lower the front. I think I'm definitely going to have to put shorter springs in.

Funnily enough, with it sitting this high it feels great to sit on although it makes the bike "feel" like a 250, well I suppose it almost is!! LOL.

n2d8.jpg

Racer mini Vs Street mini!!

stc0.jpg

New triples have arrived, its as low as I can set it in the triples, strapped down a little to check the rake out!!

I can live with it a bit higher but it's not really a monkey anymore!! Haha!!

I got some work done to the monkey on the weekend. I cut the brace out of the back and started fabbing up the twin braces to suit the monoshock:

f2ky.jpg

0v2z.jpg

mvjc.jpg

gt2l.jpg

Been slow moving lately but got the top shock mount sorted!! Went to a wrecker with the shock in hand and got this one for 20 bucks off a Yamaha R6 hahaha!! It's good because you can add or take spacing washers to adjust the rear ride height!!

f8bn.jpg

j5n9.jpg

Also ordered Talon 18T front and 30T rear sprockets from the uk!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/38066399...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1416wt_1297

The same rear as this but 420 pitch, it's purdy!!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RED-30-T...08?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item20d5f3a2d0

How's the warning with the 18T front:

NOTE: You will need to get the engine casing professionally ground down to fit this front sprocket on. We cannot accept responsibility for damage to your engine when not professionally ground down and fitted.

Hahahahahaha, looks like I might have to grind/relieve around the front chain run so it doesn't touch the stator cover!! :eek:

Last edited:
Nice effort, thats a good idea with the washer thing and such a simple idea too. Hmmm got me thinkin now :)

18/30??? should be right for 160+ then LOL

Does the angle of a shock change its efficiency? or are shocks on big bikes just angled to the front to look better and ofcause allow more movement?

It needs to be as an absolute minimum be perpendicular to the swing arm compressed, the further you lean it forward the softer it will become apparently. If it angles backwards it will bind up!!

Hows it been going mate? im keen to see the progress :)

Haha, a bit slowly mate!!

I'm waiting on the Talon front and rear sprockets to turn up, i've got a custom brake hose on the way as well.

I mocked fitted the head light on the weekend but the brackets that are supposed to be 38-41mm and the forks at that point are 41mm are stretched to the max and may not work :(

25n0.jpg

zckl.jpg

Also waiting on these weld in thread inserts from the uk. The lower box section of the frame will need to be drilled and then I can have these welded in to accommodate the new rear sub-frames:

tub3.jpg

It's moving along, just very slowly!!

Latest posts

Back