'04 Thumpy Resto/Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well red n black looks pretty good for an afterthought..... I wonder how paint would go on my exhaust tip

Spare 26mm oko flatty you say?Hmmmmmm.......................

Not sure if its the 10inch rear or not but it has a bit of a hill climb/widow maker look to it with that blingin swinger.
Looks a bit different to when i saw it the other night Tom,you dont waste any time when the mrs is away.
Need another ride now so you can get it all dirty and scratched.
yeah it looks a great deal longer than it was... only four inches over, but it's also a lot taller in the swinger... so it jacks the bike up, and as you know, the 04's sat real low in the ass... off the stand, it still sits low in the bum, but isnt as bad as it was...
and yes, there isnt much ****ing about when missusthump*140 isnt here... i was meant to be getting a start on her bike, but the ****ING HOMO that was selling it, changed his mind after agreeing to a price and pick up time... and the rear axle showed up, so it was on like donkey kong. :D
can you paint your front break caliper? and red grips would look good too

yeah mate, going to paint the front caliper tomorrow, and possibly both master cylinders if i get enthusiastic... and yep, red death grips would look good, but they look second hand as soon as you grab the bars... :(

An oil cooler would be a nice fit in front of the battery box,easy fit.

Ive got black death grips on my RX and they are suprisingly comfy grips

exhuast tip should be fine RIp, the paint is apparently rated to over 240 celsius...

yeah i did think of a cooler for it. gonna try one of those oil temp/dipstick things... see what sorta temp it runs at... and how quickly it gets there... if it runs hot, i'll add a cooler...
i reckon i got the wiring wrong with the e start, cause as soon as i linked the porta pack to the battery leads, fuse lit up like a xmas tree and fell down, went boom... must have connected something wrong somewhere... oops.

There may be another thumpy thread shortly as ive started ordering parts for mine now and swapped out the old leaky fork legs for non leaky legs

To many red cordials makes for bad wiring

sadly i had imbibed no red cordials prior to doing the wiring. that was after...
but the really sad part is, i only rejoined two wires, a power wire going back to the rectifier, and an earth wire, that i had cut, last time i stripped the thumpy... either i put the wrong wire on the wrong pole on the starter, which shouldnt be possible, as they have specific leads, with different end plugs, or it just didnt want to be hooked up to the power pack...

Thumpy Build thread #2 FTW... mine needs someone to have thumpy races with, and subsequently beat stock 140 riders with.
should get coolee to cut out a Thumpstar section... there's enough being built, they arent quite XR/Zeds/CRF's or KLX's, but then they certainly arent atomiks or DHZ's either.. and just get lost in Mini chat.. lol.
Troy best you start a build thread too mate, be keen to see which direction yours goes in. :D

Mine will be slightly more stock than yours Tom.Some fresh paint, plastics and graphics, new blingin swinger and some air in the tyres.
Unfortunatly my bike is mostly black with bits of red already so it wont be very original.
It will have 1 thing your bike doesnt though,your old front end haha oh and the nostalgic drum breaks for good measure.

Last edited:
i'd be keen to see it with white plastics, and those hotwheels graphics. would look pretty damn clean i reckon...

I ordered a different set of graphics last night so when they get here ill see what looks good on what and one set can tart up the old girl and the other will go on the RX.

Menstor FTW. :D
they come with dinner slacks, and a crisp white shirt. tie optional. :D

Must be from a different seller,mine came with a nice beige sports coat with sewn on elbow pads

awwww, i got massively ripped then. *goes off to write a strongly worded letter of complaint to ebay*

Magik sc in Usa , i believe . that is where i got mine done , they do a really nice job ! and charge around $220 posted depends what you get. Cheaper then what Aussie places Charge.

Nice thump , I think the Swingarm needs to be Black :D

What colour are the rims , look different and nice

Should Spray the inlet manifold red to .
I've left the manifold au-naturale as i have a carby kit coming from thailand, that consists of carby, manifold, billet throttle, cable and velocity stack.. there's a link a bit further up.. so when that arrives, i'll look into matching the manifold with the rest of the bling.. :)
Where are you getting your stickerkit made? i'd be keen for a set for xr plastics.
where woggy said... VVVVV
Magik sc in Usa , i believe . that is where i got mine done , they do a really nice job ! and charge around $220 posted depends what you get. Cheaper then what Aussie places Charge.

yeah not sure about the swinger colour yet... it's shiny, and i like shiny so it might stay as is for now..

the rims are a titanium colour supposedly... got em from the same place i got the triples and bars, i'm assuming they're tearing down their bikes to sell parts, hence the matching colours... (bars and triples are the same colour as the rims...)

cool thanks man

Latest posts

Back