Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you big thank you goes to craig what i orig mistook for just a simple stock shape of the frame there under the right light angle ect is a bend in the frame significant to a front end accident. I had no real comparison or idea to be honest i feel kindof silly like i should've known ugh.

ff62ead6ed1a15328501c2a77d7c6ebc.jpg
aba673424cf6b91c8e36de1a3f23efb2.jpg

Got some done had this bout 1/4" thick plate of military grade steel to make brackets with took advantage of a lil lift and went from 1'5" leg room to the same as my yz at 1'7". Fixed the tilt better straightened the frame if i need to do it more my friend has a frame jig

This belongs in dont ya just hate it but also here ugh dont ya just hate it when you tell someone fifteen times to move out of the way and they get MORE IN THE WAY and move tool boxes in the way as well? Was lifting and moving it over her atv and fell it broke my fall and the throttle control

503af20dcf2afa19cce5046665ab0650.jpg
at least it runs now doesnt leak sits a lil higher and has lowered pegs its almost like normal riding now in the sense no knees in face

Got a new cnc fab throttle tube on the way but let me just say the peg mod lift and such? Worked well was comfortable to sit on with no forward perch or feeling of slope now I just need to be able to ride it

It's gonna take me a bit to get back on it atm dealing with a mishap at the dmv ect having no time but will post soon

Well I was having password issues lol but I'm back I got the short pull cnc throttle installed nicely moved the engine mounts up and so far so good it sits a heck of alot better for any taller rider no more knees in bars at all

Sent from my Y538 using Tapatalk

Lol saved myself $25 had a yz 85 carb laying around did a little drilling to my old one (as I'll be replacing it someday) and got the idle screw to fit perfectly and it works...yay me lol

Wellllllll. It ran excellent got it up to top speed and was blowing by my house when I noticed the usual two stroke pinging was a bit mettalic......I conked out on my way in the drive......took the engine apart....no cyl damage no bad bearings....I got FREAKING LUCKY AS HECK....there is a crack across the piston skirt it did not break off yet and cause catastrophic damage

Nice save, got any pic's ?

So are you saving for a nice forged piston, or do you prefer the cast version's at least with a cast piston you can start it and be off in a hurry.
Warming up the forged version's add's a little bit of time before you can head off
Could go up a couple of size's too, make it an 85cc ??

Still planning lol for the now I'm playing round with a raptor 660r and some fun stuff

Well being in a lack of better words having been of Ill health for a good stretch I haven't gotten to all my bikes as of yet but I'm aiming for cast pistons with my two strokes it's a waste to spend extra on something I'll replace in a years time or less. I've got. The height just right on it now just waiting till I can get back to working I've also got a lt 80 and ttr50e awaiting parts however we are planning a big ride come next spring there is a huge a tv park 2 hours away with every type of terrain, the wife wants to try out her new grizzly I got her and the kids can't wait for a good ride either. It's a bit away but worth It

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk

welllll.......im moving backwards.......as pain in the rear it is my engine was removed for new piston and rings....it grew legs.........and while i was moving to a new house. i have a basket case atm ugh. well i did want to try to swap in a mid 80s rm engine anyways, supposedly per reports the mid 80s rm 80 and ds 80 had a much higher output than the orig motor and was still air cooled....just now its gonna be a while, while im looking for a job.

Sent from my RCT6773W42B using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back