Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No oil pump that's been long bypassed I stick to premix as I've had an oil pump quit mid ride before something that vital relying on even more things to fail plus it just runs more consistant.

The 96 and on DS80 use the resistor plug, so does that mean you have a non resistor spark plug cap ?
When you unscrew it from the coil lead and measure the resistance across the cap you get 0 ?

Read this while at work and in a hurry lol I got what you were saying now I can read lol. Yeah it's non resistor cap with resistor plug but say I ever decide to try a resistor cap and non resistor plug I have plenty of em from Honda projects ect.

Last edited:
8f3fe6e388b12c14cd8abcc5493b8b81.jpg
ok so I rejetted the pilot jet right from mikuni and gave the engine a lil more air to breath the results are massively different had smooth power along with pulling out of a turn like a bull

Still a bit to go but she's riding good. Next up is new throttle cable I believe it's grey some new hardware a good cleaning and a touch of color along with some small stuff until my next splurge which may be a few things including a fmf tuned pipe headlight bulbs tail light switches front brake lever.......yeah I really need that lol I'm prob gonna get a uni
77312393efe68d014b64a979b6c494f6.jpg
04e0139f53792bcccb93f5356872e0d7.jpg

Wellllllll......I got a bit to wondering about a lean spot I keep having every now and then so I Checked out the crank seals ect needless to say engine is 100%disassembled on one of my shop tables inspected bearings ect as well found out of tolerance left crank bearing. Now it's waiting for new crank seals bearings and gasket material.

Lol idk if I helped or not but I tried. Got my new parts coming in waiting on three things and I'm back rebuilding it

Ok does anyone happen to know the tolerances for the ds80 crankshaft bearings? I know there is a tolerance of a lil play ect but each engine is unique on how much

Well got some work done my one day off from my new job and got the crank bearing bearing seal installed and even cleaned the crank up as it had some rough spots that were creating friction
a6fce198fb5943b0fcdfeb8d97130a92.jpg
f7ecccb9b7a4f70c71c482d52a00d7c7.jpg
e5a22a93c7fdd921105ba008bf07c386.jpg
c06115d38301d1b8911f969e285779a1.jpg
5c30e5a6f0f7737a0e4e61160075328e.jpg
72379d698b082f4bc72de5e55c9a18b3.jpg
frozen the bearing heated the case and tapped it right in

Ok got a hold of copper gasket sealant permatex grey installed the new crank bearings seals ect. I may actually get a second to put it together . Hey xr do you know the torque for the crankcase bolts?

Yeah i'm not sure, i haven't torqued up anything to factory spec's.
I just do it up to what seems right, then if it leak's i'll do it up a little tighter, lol

I do stuff like this to spec usually the higher end of scale as to prevent loosening and slipping/stripping I have it now. What I found also is to tighten head nuts a week after assembly as they may loosen as gaskets seat also if tightened when hot even maybe hour after riding gasket will distend into firing chamber creating an annoying TAPPING sound from the piston.....I found my issue

Latest posts

Back