Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow big ups man!! Your bike looks friggen awesome! Haha you done more to yours in 2-3 months then what I did to mine in 6-7 years of having mine hahaha excuse my lazy ass

This was mine at it's lowest point haha (excuse the pun), every single bit of plastic was either broken, cracked or missing, the rear shocker snapped, the vinyl from the seat was coming loose so I stapled it 1,000,000 times hahaha
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397229368.537812.jpg

And this is how it ended up, new plastics and eBay rear shocker!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397229670.189512.jpg

The best thing about that bike was the lifan motor I never had an issue with it ever even after all the abuse I gave it

Ahhhhhh the gremlins got it again! Going to give it a few layers of clear coat tomorrow! Then loctite it up properly, air filter on the way! Then front brake mount and its time to RIDE!!! Oh and the exhaust....yeah the exhaust I keep forgetting about that!

Wow big ups man!! Your bike looks friggen awesome! Haha you done more to yours in 2-3 months then what I did to mine in 6-7 years of having mine hahaha excuse my lazy ass

This was mine at it's lowest point haha (excuse the pun), every single bit of plastic was either broken, cracked or missing, the rear shocker snapped, the vinyl from the seat was coming loose so I stapled it 1,000,000 times hahaha
View attachment 9865

And this is how it ended up, new plastics and eBay rear shocker!
View attachment 9866

The best thing about that bike was the lifan motor I never had an issue with it ever even after all the abuse I gave it

Yeah I'm hoping it will put up with some abuse! I plan on jumping this LOTS!!

nice, so now we both know

Yep we sure do!! :thumbup: Hows the shed cleaning out coming along? I really want to get the front brake sorted on at least the pitpro bigwheel! Have you taken yours back yet and put your shiny new disk on? Only day off this week will be Thursday, might be able to drop down this arvo if you have an hour or so. Wont stay to long as Rae will probably come with.

Clear coat has been going on the last two days, its at about 4 layers now. I'll probably get close to 6 coats from the two cans I bought! No frying either....shiny :thumbup:

My early morning in the spray booth...
No I don't drink spiced wild turkey either the box came with the shed!!!

Last edited:
looking good.

Cheers! Ill bring the forks and the brakes down if you're around this arvo, will give you a call when finished work. Final layer of clear coat just went on so if I can get the front brakes sorted this will be whole and running by tomorrow :thumbup:

I bought some cheap shop bling too.....anodised blue valve caps... :thumbup:

but how many did you buy ?
there is another valve cap needed too!
one for the Nitrogen refill valve under the reservoir on the rear shock !

Cheers! Ill bring the forks and the brakes down if you're around this arvo, will give you a call when finished work. Final layer of clear coat just went on so if I can get the front brakes sorted this will be whole and running by tomorrow :thumbup:

Nah only cheap crap has a refill cap cause that would assume it leaks ;)

I see a 3mm allen key bolt!

ok, so it's the same as the one on your big wheel here.

my Atomik ultracheap rear shock has a Shrader valve, your shock is a lot better.

ok, so it's the same as the one on your big wheel here.

my Atomik ultracheap rear shock has a Shrader valve, your shock is a lot better.

Nah I think even that bigwheel shock has a valve cap on it :thumbdown:

Oh is the cooking thread open or do I have to go through you to get something up?

A valve is kind of good because you can use it to adjust the shock if its was to heavy for your weight couldn't you?

Last edited:
yeah easier that way,
and you can get your local tyre store to top up the Nitrogen for cheap too.
i need to get a regulator setup for mine

post away in that thread, it's open

HAhaha so even some Elka shocks have them(maybe all).....I was kinda joking. Did a bit of research and thats just a different type of valve on that DNM for the PitPro 2008.

[video=youtube;4sicACxrxKE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sicACxrxKE[/video]

5 Layers of clear coat later!!! Shiny....Very Shiny!! :thumbup:

Looked good before I got my greasy paws on it.

This came up decently....kinda

Look at that shine :thumbup:

now once they are dry/cured you can wax them up,
but give the parts lots of sun to help them dry

now once they are dry/cured you can wax them up,
but give the parts lots of sun to help them dry

Will do if possible but not to many places to leave them in the sun that's out of the way. What about infront of the heater? Its only set to 24 or something and up on the wall...would that be ok?

yeah, not too close,
and hope you don't mind the smell of paint

I cant smell much at the best of times. Sure the other one will complain if it gets bad its one of those new heaters its a gentle warm breeze at best!

just seen your award top right of post, Simpsons Shooter Champion, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back