Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have ordered a manifold spinner (love that idea) and also a #38 slow jet as it has the hesitation as you suggested.

Rode to work today, goes like a champ and I'm really happy. Still won't idle but I will hopefully find out more this weekend, I partially fixed it (throttle cable was too tight, which is why the mixture/idle screws did nothing before, very stupid of me). I also taped up the throttle cable as above but once the bike is warm it still just revs lower and lower until it stalls when stopped unless I keep a bit of throttle on.

E-start and indicators/tail/brake lights all work fine so far (haven't hooked up a headlight yet as I have a whole different style to replace the small round standard things that needs wired up). Battery doesn't seem to be draining, but I only have a fancy automotive multimeter and if I try to measure the voltage at the battery when running it just freezes the multimeter whether I use manual or auto ranging...weird...

But yeah, as you said above...damn this is fun to ride on the street! Can't wait till I've got it dialed in and running perfect.

i would try adjusting the idle mixture now, seeing as you adjusted the throttle cable.
do it using the method i posted before

Yep, you're right again I had the mixture slightly out.

Spent a good portion of the weekend tidying it up, looks and goes awesome now, will have to post a pic.

Only thing left to do is mount the oil cooler. So far all the lights etc seem to work OK; the motor outputs 70w and I'm not exceeding that with a combination of lights, indicators etc at once so hopefully it can keep the charge up on the battery long term.

Once again, thanks for your help...I'd have probably quit and moved on to something else if it wasn't for your constant assistance my67xr!!!

no problems at all.

pity you had bought and ordered those extra stators before you worked out which engine you were buying.
but i don't think you'll have much trouble selling them on either

have you had a meter connected to your battery with the system loaded up, all accessories on ?
tape the meter to you dash, and take it for a ride to check too.

if you find you need a bit more voltage/amps to recharge your battery, i bought an adjustable Regulator/Rectifier off Ebay,
on the underside, it has a small trim pot screw sticking up though the epoxy that pots in all the electronics in the Reg/Rect.
so it can be adjusted up or down a bit to adjust the output volts/amps.
that way you can boost up the output so your battery will keep charging with everything on.

Latest posts

Back