Atomik Reign, Lifan 150, Big Foot questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's not the flywheel catching on anything ?
did you do it up tight ?

i think you really need to take the stator backing plate off to check it out.

did you buy an impact screwdriver ?

Yep bought the proper impact ones and all, pushed my whole body weight onto it and it shredded the head to crap and also twisted the screwdriver bit, had them both swimming in INOX for atleast 24 hours before too

did you hit the end of the impact driver with a hammer ?

get a sharp centre punch and hit it straight on with a hammer to ding the head of the screw a couple of times.
do it where there is plenty of metal on each side
then angle the punch so that when you hit it again it will undo the head of the screw.
it will come undone easy enough.

Still haven't been able to get out to bunnings, I watched a video of a guy doing the timing, And he was able to simply move the came around with a tiny screwdriver in one of the screw holes.

My cam is really really tight, If I remember correctly I had to thread all the screws in, and found it really difficult then to rotate it, this is without the plug in too

Is this something I need to look at? it's quite possible it's the cam not whatever is behind the stator cover, seized bearing?

don't bother with the center punches for the screw just get a set of these

easyout1_169.jpg

it's a reverse tapered screw made of HSS you drill a pilot hole in the middle of the screw and wind it in with a tap wrench (or a normal wrench if you don't have one) backwards, once it grabs it undoes the screw. Trojan do a set that Bunnings sell from memory it's about $10. Once you own a set you won't know how you did without them.

Bought some screw extractors today, Came with 5 different ones and i'm not sure which one to use

Also, I only have SAE drill bits, can I use them or should I go buy some metric ones?

those drill bits will be fine, you generally start with the smallest extractor and if it doesn't work you can use a bigger one next. Pick a drill about the size of the extractor around a fifth of the way from the tip. drill a hole in the centre of the screw so its a bit deeper than where the size of the drill and extractors match, then screw the extractor in (backwards). it might be best to practice on a spare screw first if you're not entirely confidant.

yeah it's a pretty small screw you should get it with the first one.

Thanks for that, I've managed to get them both out, Tomorrow i'll take off the cover and inspect it further

Good work!

i'm not a fan of Easy Out's, a centre punch and hammer is way easier.
and there's no chance of snapping off the Easy Out in the screw, which i've seen on here a few times, and no mess to clean up after too.

Hi Everyone, This is the cam chain tensioner bolt hole. The spring sits in here....
The cheap metal has stripped out and taken the threads with it, you can see where the threads used to be...

I can still thread the bolt in, but can't get it tight.... Is there any way to fix this?

Photo 4-12-2014 11 00 49 am.jpg

You might be able to Helicoil it to repair the threads, it'd cost about $32 for a kit.

Latest posts

Back