Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buying some riding gear ?? wat 2 get

Hi guyz i was just down at the local moto shop looking at riding gear
i already have a one industries helmet and some spy googles and fox gloves ..
i was thinking about investing in some knee & shin gaurds and maybe some boots
other then that its jeans and a longsleeve shirt , chestplate,hoodie
will this be enough ?
or am i thinking overkill ???
i like the 50/50 boots

I'm considering getting some, but Dad is definetly for his trail bike, He hates normal Bike boots,

I got a pair of Alpinestars tech 2 Mini boots and they are awesome. Had to get them from the states as they arent out in Aus yet. Well worth the 300 bucks, They have saved me many times already. Tree stumps and big rocks just destroy work boots or skate shoes and your feet. They look the best too. I Think anyway. Monostrano.com. Free plug:eek:

vans estillo skate shoes is all the ankle protection i ever need on a fiddy untill i sever my cartlige and mush my ankle on a pitty untill then ill take my chances as i like to have a lot more foot movement on fiftys.Would gamble it on a big bike though.if ya racing ,take ya mini very seriously or have weak ankes get some minibike boots for sure

haha nothing wrong with jeans and skate shoes =P haha umm have u checked on ebay?? i saw some pritty good fox armor maybe there might be some other stuff on there if you have a lil look =)

pitbike boots

does anyone know an aussie site that sells pitbike boots? the shorter style mx boots that are only abit above ankle height??
i searched but found zero

cheers,
tim

They are called Slammers, Where abouts are you? I'd try a local motorbike shop before online. Can't really trust online stuff.. But then again, First I'd have a look on ebay. Then Try shops like Fully50's, Maylands Performance [Not sure if they sell riding gear].

boots.....what should i buy?

hey guys i need to buy a new set of boots but i cant decide what to buy so any imput would be good

my problem is that if i buy new high boots i cant use them when i ride my pitty but there sick to use on the yz and if i bought slammers or 50/50 thors i could use them on the pitty an yz but wouldnt be the best on the pitty

i ride both bikes all the time 50% of the time the pitty an 50% of the time the Yammy

so what do you guys think i should get

i only want info from guys that use boots and know how they feel when you ride

Get alpine stars tech 2s like the ones in my avatar. Got a set from the usa cause they are not out here yet. Bout 340 bucks with freight. They are basically a tech 10(their top of the line boot) cut down for atv s and minis. Mine have been awesome, they have had a belting lately in the mud and sand and they are holding up unreal. Still like new. Can get them in black or tan also. monostrano.com sorry free plug:eek: They take a few rides to get used to , you cant really feel where the shifter and brake is but i wouldnt go back to skate shoes now.

Last edited:
The Alpinestars Tech 10 cost around $600, so the cut down version Tech 2 are okay for $340 delivered. I don't think much of the Alpinestars these days. Other boots manufacturers have lifted their game and are on par and better standard than Alpinestars nowdays.

I've got me a set of Sidi Vertebre and their brilliant! Protection where its needed and I can wear them under my jeans or over my leathers. Their also constructed so I can feel the pegs and what the bike is doing thru the soles.

Ricky has recently purchased a set of Joe Rocket Speedmaster boots and they look awesome. He has already worn in the titanium sliders on them with the lean angles he gets at the track LOL He wears them too when his riding the pitty. Ricky likes Alpinestars too, but for the price range you can get something else.

Oxtar make good boots too!

i compensate for the boots with some soccer shinpads and a pair of etnies, it works good.

you paid $340 ? you got ripped

Yeah thats with freight. I couldnt get them here months ago when i wanted them so thats what you pay i guess. I work hard for my money and if i want something i just buy it whatever the cost. I dont go blurting my oppinion to everyone just to make myself feel good or whatever like you do pal. Maybe if you worked as hard as i do you could treat yourself too. You paid how much for your motovert? overpriced china ,You Got Ripped. Hows it feel?:mad:

kaneo. lookin at ur mod list sounds like a pretty sweet bike, post some pics.

does anyone on here ride baggys? i am thinking of getting a pair this friday just the cheap answer mode one only cas they are zip off. i ride fox 180 shorts now with elphant skins and a set of vans. will the slammers be to high on my ankle area to wear my skins. and wiht the baggys will they get caught up in shit on the bike?

Latest posts

Back