Braaap Pro 190

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maestro swinger is not longer. You have the longest one they have on your bike now.

mine may be the longest, but the mount for the shock is a lot closer to the wheel end of the swinger than on most others. if i measure from the frame end its 130mm from the end, that then prevents me having any room for the big wheel, i have seen two maestro's around with fourteen rear so there must be some difference there... if you look at the pic of tristans bike in craigs post its actually pretty obvious that there is room for a 14 rim

and Rodney mentions it's a longer swinger than an other braaap

well http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/dhz-racing-swingarm-heavy-duty-aluminum/SW-02
yes i know its not the correct length.... but considering how cheap it is... and looks to be a nice hunk of alloy...
what are you like with an angle grinder? I know, I know its dumb, but if you do it correctly it'll do the job!
dont worry about the water marks... lol i just did it real quick in paint lol!
SW-02_zps7ceae513.jpg

grab your angle grinder, make sure its a fresh disc or you havnt used it to cut steel with and cut along those welds ive highlighted one at a time... ie: once youve cut one section slap some water on it, let it cool then cut it again, then repeat until your done!
now your left with a hacked up swing arm lol....
YOU MAY NEED A AC MIG OR AC TIG TO DO THIS!!!!!
ok so you need to go to your local steel or "metals" dealer and try get the exact same thickness wall alloy and try get the same grade.... Rectangular Hollow Tube Aluminium Extrusions and Extruded Aluminium from Ullrich Aluminium
the swing arm may be a 5000 series tensile so try and stay in the 5000's so using a lets say 5083 filler rod..??
if you cant access a welder of the above type, take it to your local engineering firm and tell them you want this welded up... then say it cannot warp, just to be sure! lol
I hope your up for this stu, you've got your work cut out for ya... pun pun!

lol, i wouldn't take on that job for less than $300 including materials

i thought you might say you'll swap the one off the Reign with stus'
then you could have a normal pit bike if you fit 14/12's on it

mine may be the longest, but the mount for the shock is a lot closer to the wheel end of the swinger than on most others. if i measure from the frame end its 130mm from the end, that then prevents me having any room for the big wheel, i have seen two maestro's around with fourteen rear so there must be some difference there... if you look at the pic of tristans bike in craigs post its actually pretty obvious that there is room for a 14 rim

Yes the shock mount is closer so they can run that Elka shock. For example, i can't use your shock on my bike, it's too long. I have seen big wheel braaaps at the shop, but they were classics like mine, so maybe the classic swinger (pre 2012) is shorter but the shock mount isn't as close, does that make sense. I think the factory frames all run longer shocks, hence the shock mount distance may be different. So a 14" on a maestro will works, shorter swinger, close to engine shock mount, shorter shock. I think I'm confused now

Yes the shock mount is closer so they can run that Elka shock. For example, i can't use your shock on my bike, it's too long. I have seen big wheel braaaps at the shop, but they were classics like mine, so maybe the classic swinger (pre 2012) is shorter but the shock mount isn't as close, does that make sense. I think the factory frames all run longer shocks, hence the shock mount distance may be different. So a 14" on a maestro will works, shorter swinger, close to engine shock mount, shorter shock. I think I'm confused now

lol i think that makes sense :hache: nah i get what you mean phil.

i will check it out loco cheers, just wondering what size swinger bolt does your reign take? 10mm or 12mm?

Which means you need my swingarm, just saying

should be able to tell by looking at it.
or put the open end of a 10mm or 12mm ring spanner up against it

Latest posts

Back