Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
155z backfire

I just turned on my bike after 15 minutes of kicking and it's continuously back firing, after a while the back firing stopped, what could have cause this?

it could be a few things,
carby mixture is setup too lean, or it has a blocked jet, or the needle and seat is stuck closed.
the timing is too advanced,
or there's an air leak between the carby and the head somewhere

have you changed anything recently?

should i clean the carby?, also when i closed the choke it started back firing.

Last edited:
I agree tighten up the exhuast bolts easily missed problem, check for leaks on the exhuast and manifold before checking the carb if the bikes new i doubt the carbs blocked already. New bikes hardly ever have all the bolts done up tight and after a few rides from the heating and cooling and vibrations become even loser. My first guess is exhuast leak causing leaness. Check that and let us know.

engine/carby cleaner

Can you use the engine/carby cleaner that you mix with your fuel in a china engine?

you could use it in any engine,
but why would you need it,especially if you clean out all the fuel system parts individually anyway?
andd it wont clean dirt out of the air gallerys in the carby

Clutch problem

I've got a minor clutch problem, sometimes when i turn my bike on when it's cold my clutch doesn't ingage and it stalls going from neutral to 1st, could this problem be linked to the engine oil i am using (castrol 15-50 mineral oil)?, also my engine is one of the old 155z's.

Re: Clutch problem

Id try adjusting the clutch at the lever, when you pull the clutch in it should have a small amount of free play as in the lever doesn't even pull on the cable, if there isn't any play or is excessive play then try adjusting. Have a play with it during that time when it stalls out as opposed to adjusting it when it seems to work okay.

So could it not be pulling enough of the clutch cable?, also can i switch from mineral oil to synthetic?

So could it not be pulling enough of the clutch cable?, also can i switch from mineral oil to synthetic?

no dont use synthetic.
wrecked my clutch using synthetic. works for some but mostly using synthetic oil = dead clutches.
plates got stuck together and wouldn't disengage.
been using mineral motul and castrol for 4 years now, no issues.
when its warm is it fine? they do take awhile to warm up.
just adjust the lever abit and see if its better, if not on the lever adjust the adjustment bit on the clutch arm.

sounds like your clutch plates are sticking together. A thinner oil (10w-40) might help, you know what i'd do? abuse the living crap out of it. Get it revving high, slide into corners, slip it through and then dump it out the other side. That'll free it up

I havn't ridden chinese bikes for all that long but i'm stumped as to why people say to NOT use semi synthetic?
If anything semi-synth should cause less stiction, and it'll run cooler and last longer. Much better for everything, including the clutch

its not quality of an oil (so to speak) its what will work the best with your clearances so if you have larger clearances then you want thicker oil if you have a really really tight race engine you want thinner oil its also so it does not squish out of anywhere when it is spinning and coats it so its oil coating to oil coating not oil to metal.... i could explain better later because this sounds a little like jibberish

How to get tyres on???

I bought a new tube and new tyre for my rear wheel today, after 1 hour of messing with the back wheel i got the old tyre/tube off, and now i face another problem, i cannot manage to get it all together, i also have a rim lock. can someone tell me how you put it all together the easiest way?

Take it to your local motorbike shop. China store or Honda dealership it really doesn't matter and get them to do it. It cost me $10 and took them 5 minutes. It really inst worth time to do it yourself.

Re: How to get tyres on???

I don't know of any motorbike shops near Glenroy, does anyone know of a shop that will do it near Glenroy?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back