dook salad

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes thats wat i am going for. it is fairly soft at the moment but i will make it harder as i think it will bottom out hitting these jumps we ride

i think the shock mount idea isnt the best... under the forces you will be putting on that set up something is bound to brake!

Yeh cause you know a hole lot about frame setup and welding? Cock sucker. lol nah jokes, Yeh, the shock is angled for a reason, so the presure is pushed back into the frame, now its putting presure on the mounts, i can gareentee your frame is going to have stress fractors eventually, but if your not doing big jumps should be sweet.

Last edited:
it isnt even that straight up. the 2nd photo makes it look vertical because i took in inline with the shock. i know having the shock more vertical has put more pressure on the mounts but that is the only way i can mount this rear shock. the spring hit of the frame using the original mount hole befroe. if this breaks i will be stripping it back down, cutting the rear mount off anf making a new billet sohck mount from scratch. we'll see what happens

it isnt even that straight up. the 2nd photo makes it look vertical because i took in inline with the shock. i know having the shock more vertical has put more pressure on the mounts but that is the only way i can mount this rear shock. the spring hit of the frame using the original mount hole befroe. if this breaks i will be stripping it back down, cutting the rear mount off anf making a new billet sohck mount from scratch. we'll see what happens

They fit, just takes a pit of man power lol. i no from experience.

hit a wall today fellas :(. put the spacers in the swingarm and bolted her on. fits perfect. but when i went to mount my rear shock it hits on the frame :(. ut these things can be fixed so i am going to modify my top mount for more clearance and my rear shock will fit. thank god my dad is an engineer :D

Let me guess ...... you bought the swingarm from either buythisdirtbike or Terminatormotorcycles on ebay and it takes a 12 mm axle ???? I have one of the same swingarms . They fit the black twin pipe frames that terminator sells and Fast Ace BS66 shocks clear OK but they don't work on a DHZ frame . The shock bolt hole centrelines are about 10 to 12 mm back further from the swingarm pivot centreline on the DHZ swingarms (95mm apart) whereas on your swingarm the centrelines are only about 84 mm apart . A DHZ swingarm would have avoided all your problems since a Fast Ace shock has plenty of clearance with them ..... Note that your frame is the latest model from DHZ and has the strengthening bar welded underneath where Snitchy's sons frame broke ....

It's handy having an engineer in the family ... ehhh !!!!!!

you guessed right jack , Its the same swingarm the guys sell at buythisdirtbike though is still a preety quality unit but yeh you can pick it.50sbrotherhood's old man knows his stuff so im sure the shock mount should work preety decent

yep big jack your correct lol. as always :D
got it all mounted now so once i get her going ill know how she goes. if worst comes to worst i will buy a dhz swing arm. cut me real deep when the spring hit. but its all part of the fun
thanks for your help

looking good man looking good where you at with the build now? and post sum new picks lol i should have one by monday week so we can go for a ride aight hmb peace

ok yes i havve to take some updated pics. everything is on except waiting on foot peg mount from jayden-pitbikes. and i also need 12' wheels and a exhaust. currently looking for parts now :). i will try have pics up very soon
i so keen for a ride mate

sorry fellas i finally got off my lazy arse and took some photos. all i need now are 12' wheels, exhaust and waiting on my foot peg mount. i will eventually get some fastace as02 forks and some tapers of course

what do you all think??

no point connecting the brakes yet and chain because those are not the wheels i am using
the 14' front is way to big and they are blue lol
i am getting 12'/12' black or red rims
thanks for the comment

Whats the final cost on this thing?
Looks good but why have Suzuki graphics on it.
Kinda like putting Holden Clubsport stickers on a Toyota Lexcen:confused:

has come up 5-0 bro well done
any special flavors coming for the rims or you sticking to the stocky black

what forks you got on it now the as02's will be choice

got an eta on completion or what

yer looks sik as man, nice change/ but cause its a custom built bike/ what are you going to name it

pick- um i have lost count lol.
the suzuki is just on the sticker kit. i love it

cool- i am not sure about the rims. i am definatly going with 12 fornt and rear but i dont know. i was after billet hubs but from most of the people i have talked to and asked they only stock 14 front rim and 12 rear rim with billet hubs. my limit for the wheels is 250-300 posted. so any ideas?

mxb/motoxxx- i am still going to call it dook lol. as it is still ducar powered. either way the heart of the dook will live on forever lol.

thanks for your thoughts fellas
keep them coming

Latest posts

Back