Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id be thinking 10 amp should be fine mate, but im no leccy.

running a 55 watt headlight globe will draw just under 5 amps, so that wire will be fine.
run a 7.5 amp fuse before the switch too.

ok sweet guess what turned up
DSC00681.JPG DSC00682.JPG DSC00683.JPG
now i just gotta put dhz sticker on :laughing-smiley-002
ok gonna order a tail light and go to super crap auto and get some 10amp wire and 7.5 amp fuse

your headlight has a white and blue, one is for low, other is high beam
and the brown is for the parker, this will also need to run to your tail light as a rear parker.
and the greens run to earth (clean bare metal) on the frame

and looking at your diagram,
all that is needed is a couple of earths, one for the tail light, other for the horn

yeah that looks ok.
the parker light in the headlight, will only come on when the low beam is on
your headlight switch most likely only has on/off, and hi/low beam anyway

the stop/tail light you buy should have 3 wires going to it.
1 for tail light,
1 for stop light,
and the other wire is to earth.

the bike got an injury while i was working on her and she broke a plastic clean off damnit more money in to this project ahhaahah :) so much for saving for a car hahaha.
well the rear brake switch is a to fine of thread which sucks ill take it in to a local kwaka shop they might have what want
im most likely gonna have to make a mount for the tail light might use some aluminium laying about

ok UPDATE made a mount for the tail light and got my horn switch working because the original one fried so made up a ne spring for the button, ill do some more work tomorrow

ok then this damn switch is doing my head in, can some one give me a hand? :)
DSC00686.JPG
DSC00687.JPG
the one ^^ above the switch has white brown and blue to the switch
DSC00688.JPG
as for this one you can see that the grey, orange and light blue dont have insulated ends on them as they are for the indicators........................ i was also thinking if i dont want to have running lights all the time i could use the indicator switch?

Yeah you can just use the indicator switch, but make sure that the two outputs of the 3 way switch is wired to the headlight

i would pull out your multimeter for finding what colours/what switch

Watching this thread very closely. I have a atomik reign Bigfoot 140 that I want to do the same with. We don't have rec rego here in NSW , but id like to make the tracks safer for myself and other riders by allowing them to see if I am turning/braking. I've taken my lhs cover off, but can't see any spare wires at all lol. However when I was loctiting my bike, I noticed I do have a wire plug spare under the seat. Hopefully that's what its for...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back