Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching this thread very closely. I have a atomik reign Bigfoot 140 that I want to do the same with. We don't have rec rego here in NSW , but id like to make the tracks safer for myself and other riders by allowing them to see if I am turning/braking. I've taken my lhs cover off, but can't see any spare wires at all lol. However when I was loctiting my bike, I noticed I do have a wire plug spare under the seat. Hopefully that's what its for...
nice thanks for that cheers

okay dokey some pictures!!!!
DSC00689.JPG
the bugger stripped with **** everywhere
DSC00690.JPG
close up of my mess ahaah i think it works lol still a bit to do tho
DSC00691.JPG
how she looks with her new light
DSC00692.JPG
now my bracket that i made for the tail light

shes getting there slowly but surely

Last edited:
try uploading the pics again?

i will have a look at my switch at some stage and see if i can work out what wires do what.

need help hahaha thourght i wouldnt need it after all lol
well as i said the rectifer is poopoo lol and when i first slapped the new coil on i was getting 13-14 volts now im getting 4-6 volts
need to solve the issue i just wanna get this job done then make a tut for everyone :)
sometimes it just a pain in the arse when the bike just sits and sits and sits no riding just working on it lol
meh learning stuff thoe
patience is key!!! lol

pulled the rectifier off checked it with the multimeter to see if it works lol nope ... so went to kwaka dealer and got the brake switch $23 ha its ok i guess and a bit of know how such as a rectifier works kinda like a led .....
you know how if you get a battery and a light bulb its normal then you decide to add another light and then it dimms right .... an led works opposite so the power goes through light and through the other no change
what causes this anode and a cathode (silly talk >positive + negative ) <hahaha any way .........goes through the anode and out the cathode only i think...... yes im positive but if you were to hook the rectifier the other way round it will blow the rectifier
so thats my knowledge for the day so im off to get a full wave or single phase rectifier also dont get a half wave or phase because it halfs the power coming out so ... AC 12v before rectifier then after the rectifer it will most likely be 6v ..
ok to much knowledge for the day im buggerd

anyone know why im getting 3.5v from my stator need help!! btw when i first put it on i was getting 13-12v??
let me know

i have been trying to suss out what has gone wrong here.

the lighting coil i sent you was working fine when i tested it, but i think your wiring may be shorting it out?

the setup you have used to wire it is fine for a 1 wire lighting coil.
but the coil i sent you is a 3 wire lighting coil, but when you said you tested it and got 14 volts, i thought ok, maybe it will work with that setup.

with wiring up the lighting coil
1 wire goes to a coil mounting screw via a ring terminal as an earth,
1 (yellow)to the regulator/rectifier, and the other (white)to the regulator/rectifier as well
the diagram you need to use is in post #3 on this thread,

i will send you my other good used lighting coil (spare), a good used regulator/rectifier, and a new plug to fit to your wiring.
i'll post it off monday

your explanation on the globes/leds is almost correct too.
if you add another globe into your circuit, the extra load will dim them both slightly.
if you are running a LED light and add another it will still dim them both,
but not as bad as standard incandescant globes, as LEDs draw hardly any current (they use roughly 1/4 of the current needed by incandescant globes)

the main difference in an incandescant globe and a LED globe, is the LED will only work with the power in one direction
an incandescant globe will still work with the 2 wires either way around

here is the loom, and Regulator/Rectifier,
you will need to swap the new lighting copil in, then join the yellow and white wires to it.
the regulator needs the earth lead to go to the frame/mount for the reg/rect.
the fused red lead is the power lead for your wiring.

**** mate sorry i havent spoken and thanks heaps for sending the stuff off +1
when is your birthday, i need to pay back for all this help

lighting coil, reg/rect, and loom to suit were posted off today via express post.
you might get them tomorrow, or thursday

i put some dielectric grease on the terminals in the socket of the reg/rect, it will help keep the contacts perfect.

birthday ? that is 362 days away
pay me back by getting these lights working, lol

Latest posts

Back