Inner Rotor /Out Roter kits??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta remember it's abrand new "CHINA" motor.... check your valves, easy enough job and I reckon it'll get you sorted. Mine were deffinately out when i got it.

Haha yea true that.. I'll track down some feeler gauges, i tryed having a search, Is there a link some where it shows ya how to do ya valves??

Gah, that 'unbalances the crank' myth still persists?! Look at it this way, one one side of the crank all you have is a flywheel to resist the crank's temper tantrums. Lets pretend it's a new IRK setup that just needs the woodruff key and nothing else to work, the ultimate minimalist setup. On the other side you may or may not have a sling, etc.

"Oh Noes!" goes the crowd, "That's unbalanced, the sling is MUCH heavier and will cause havoc if you try to ride it like that. Now be sensible and put a proper flywheel on this instant, and a sweater because your mom feels a chill."

That's where most people stop looking at the equation. But what else is hooked to that overburdened side of the crank? Why, it's a primary gear, clutch, transmission, and ultimately the rear wheel! You're not going to fit a flywheel big enough to match the forces actually moving Lardo the Overweight Pitbiker puts on the transmission side as he has delusions of grandeur brapping around the track. It's an impossible goal to try and balance the forces out, you'd need a giant variable sized flywheel that would absolutely destroy the readability of the machine.

As to an IRK vs an ORK, how extreme of an effect do you want? With a lighter flywheel the motor spins up and down much quicker. You loose torque on bottom but gain HP on top due to less energy being wasted spinning up mass that is no longer there. Because of the reduced flywheel effect the bike will be easier to stall, and easier to bump start at the same time.

Crank whip is reduced with the ligher weight hanging off the end as well. I have a nasty habit of snapping cranks pavement racing so I run an IRK with no sling on the other side as a means of prolonging engine life.

An ORK offers similar benefits over a normal flywheel, just not as pronounced.

I have heard of more complaints with the chinese IRKs crapping out than the Daytona and Lifan ORKs, my Kitaco IRK has never failed me.

couldn't agree more... best explanation ive seen so far..

as for the back firing at high revs, that to me sounds like an exhaust leak...

check the exhaust isnt loose in the head. it may even need a new exhaust gasket..
even if the muffler is loose on the pipe it will back fire...

set your timing up in the middle and ride...

Just thought id post a video of the flames its shooting, Its when i give it a bit of stick, seems like its getting too much fuel b4 it sparks or something and shoots big flames out the exhaust?? It seems to idol fine but seems too bog out and back fire when i hold it flat haha Think this vid might get some LOL's ;) and dont worry it was warmed up haha LIFAN 125 Back fire shoots flames - YouTube I have a B*EER limiter now hahahaha

Last edited:
its running lean or packing from the muffler is burning up...

ill go for option one tho...
clean the carb out thoroughly with compressed air...

its running lean or packing from the muffler is burning up...

ill go for option one tho...
clean the carb out thoroughly with compressed air...

it actually could be muffler packing because all my packing has fallin out before and i re- packed it. it didnt do this when that happend before but haha

Im not quite sure if ive got the Ignition pick up in the rite place, i think thats why it could be missfiring. if someone els has this rotor kit could they please tell me how they have it setup and maybe take a photo or something for me, i havnt been on my bike for weeks now :( oh and i bought a PC reppy pipe off Dhz so should be here tomorrow or the next day

New pipe got here today and its still doing to same thing, the only thing i can think of is timing or if it isnt wired up right so if some one one help me out and let me know how they installed there kit or something would be greatly appreciated

New pipe got here today and its still doing to same thing, the only thing i can think of is timing or if it isnt wired up right so if some one one help me out and let me know how they installed there kit or something would be greatly appreciated

Hey man I'd suggest rechecking ur timing and if that's ok, maybe try the carby clean as suggested above ?

Sorry I had to edit this to add about possibly rechecking your valve clearances to.

A mate and I accidentally had his timing out 180 degrees once by mistake and it was acting very similiar.

Just a thought...hope it's some help

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back