Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ha good work mate, shes looking quite nice atm
you could make your own expansion chamber for her it would look pretty neat....
awesome restore

thanks,
and yep, i did make my own custom expansion chamber/silencer in fact, see pics post #9
just didnt update it with any finished pics.
i decided the bike is worth more looking factory original though, so the custom exhaust is sitting in my spares pile atm.

cheers mate,
doesn't quite compare with the standards of your builds though !
this has been a very low budget bike.

I don't have the time or the inclination to endure a build of anything "like" original. Too bl@@dy hard!!

Luckily I'm a mechanic by trade who can spray bogan black rattle can paint pretty good!!! :)

{edit} And oh yeah, my monkey will end up being an over 5k bike :bolt:

Last edited:
this is the expansion chamber silencer setup i was using on the bike up at the farm.
it really enhanced the powerband, it had a very strong midrange and top end.
here it is off the bike.

it almost spun the rear wheel in the dirt, when it changed up to 2nd gear, a real powerhouse! :bolt: :bolt: :b_grind:
not bad for a 72cc, 5 horsepower, 2 stroke with 55/1 compression, the original top speed is 45 mph

my bike used to get close on that, the transmission changed from 1st to 2nd at about 35kmph, then in second it would do close on 70km's flat out.
and it was geared down by 3 teeth on the front sprocket, i ran it with a 12 tooth drive sprocket.
i have recently fitted and new sprocket to the front, a 15tooth.
the bike should get up close on 90 kmph now.......

yeah, the decimal point mustn't have worked.

they have 5.8/1 compression standard,
the cylinder has been bored out to it's 2nd oversize before i got it.
and has done a few km's since i'm guessing, so it's have somewhere around 5 - 5.5/1 comp now ?

that pipe was just a quicky that i chucked together,
it was made up with parts salvaged from an old damaged DS80 expansion chamber, and some scrap tubing.
the only thing i didn't like about it was the pipe sat a couple of cm's away from your right leg.
it sounded good, a bit like a PW80, but now with the original pea shooter tipped exhaust, it is too quiet,
the induction noise is twice as loud as what comes out the exhaust.
think i'll refit the factory airbox too, i don't want potential buyers thinking it's been hot rodded/thrashed, lol
that might devalue it !

Yeah I've got a scooter started as 50cc now over 90cc and I want to put a quiet pipe back on for the sale!! 60km/h scooter now does over 100!! But if I put a restrictive pipe back on I expect 85-90 and ride on moped licence!! I'm sure a 16yo over here will snap it up!!! I need to get onto that, I could really inject those funds into the monkey about now or the imploding credit card!! lol

lol, yeah same,
my Fuse is waiting to be modded....

cant say id ever heard of these man and to get 2 for that price is a wicked buy. may not be a power house but its definitely different. ya done a great job on that pipe to man.

thanks, that pipe will look better once i cut it up imo

have you seen the PW50 pipe and silencer i made ?

i just checked it out, you got some skills mate. iid love to try doin some of that stuff but just dont have the tools or experience the only metal im good at working with is corro n cant really apply that to bikes lmao.

i think i used a few roofing screws on the Dune Buggy to hold some of the Corflute body panels on ?
and a few fencing screws to mount the Vinyl covered cable clamps to the frame too.
but i don't think a corrogated iron roof would really suit the buggy.

but this guy from NZ couldn't be convinced otherwise !!

1corroq.jpg

1corroq2.jpg

i think i used a few roofing screws on the Dune Buggy to hold some of the Corflute body panels on ?
and a few fencing screws to mount the Vinyl covered cable clamps to the frame too.
but i don't think a corrogated iron roof would really suit the buggy.

but this guy from NZ couldn't be convinced otherwise !!

View attachment 8784

View attachment 8785

that is insanity talk about extra weight lol dont think il try anything like that.... we have a sayin at work if it cant be fixed with a tech screw its f*cked lol we made a ariel for the work bus out of techies tack welded togethor but coppers made us pull it off reckoned it was a safety hazard

6 sheets of tin isn't that heavy, at least they didn't try and use tiles !!!

the Chappy has slowly been getting detailed over the last few weeks.
i have finished painting the frame and getting it back together.
i have the expansion chamber/muffler off,
i started burning the oil/carbon out of it yesterday but it was too hot out in the sun, 42° C.
it's the longest/hottest heatwave here since 1930, 11 days over 40°

my cousin who lives not far from me is currently away in Taipei with his wife and son, complaining it's only 8° C there!
i'm hoping he can pick up some parts for the Chappy for me if he can find the Bike shops.
a brand new Legshield is only $20, a Tail light is $20, and new Indicators are $15 for the set

it's looking a bit cleaner inside

Latest posts

Back