Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xLOCOx

Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
ive got another thread related to a rec reg setup..... http://www.miniriders.com/ask-tech-masters/38211-how-setup-rec-reg-kit.html

gday lads and laddies
so i put the coil on.. which was supplied by my67xr.. thanks again .

anyway my new coil is generating 3.5V and i was thinking i need a better stator plate or something

ooracing have been awesome would this be better? volts wise: OORacing - performance monkey bike, pit bike, madass, zoomer, dirt bike components - Gen Super spin 530G ignition and charging A/C NO BATTERY system (Powered by CubeCart)

so at the red and black leads out of the regulator/rectifier,
with the battery fully charged and connected, you only get 3.5 volts across the battery with the engine running ?

the regulator/rectifier wont work unless there is a load on it eg a charged battery

what ive done toget that reading is pulled the battery off and put the tester on there and with the engine running and lights on which is under load i guess

ok thanks for that!
buutttt will my battery charge up whilst im riding?
or will it justt die! because there is not enough going in to the battery to keep it charged?

the regulator/rectifier wont work unless there is a load on it eg a charged battery
it wont work like that without a good battery

charge the battery for an hour or 2 maximum with a 500mAh charger (it is a SLA battery isn't it?)
fit it back on the bike,
start it up and run it at 1800 rpm or so and test the voltage at the battery terrminals
now turn the bike off, let it sit for 10 mins, then check the voltage across the terminals again.
it should be a touch lower than the previous reading.

Latest posts

Back