Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"If you can't get it to idle, or rather the idle stays real high then drops off and dies, check for an air leak at the carb manifold. Squirt some gas or starting fluid on the manifold and see if the revs change. If they do, you have a leak. If your valves clearances are too tight, it will also effect the idle. " - ill check and consider new valve values

"Way to rich it'll blubber and won't clear. " - possibly too rich

ALSO, where's a good place to get some wire from, the tea strainer wire is quite difficult

I stole some beading needles off my missus, they are super thin, thin enough to clean the pilot jet on a stock 50 carb. You can get them from spotlight for a few bucks for a pack of 4

so simple, yet so effective.
gave it a try with no success. sending it in to get looked at again :duhman:

valves clearances r a bit tight would prob run .005 in and .006 ex but thats not the problem u have atm as it would only give u problems when hot.

feels like it has compression, no tech test done. been rotating 2 plugs.

Friday arvo wanting my bike for the weekend, bike shop update.
they adjusted valves out a touch, found magneto has slipped. they also said Motorbikecity (ferntree gully) bike shop changing out original analog stator setup was stupid and is causing dramas.
theyre now testing with pre set 26mm carb to eliminate mine.

.. no surf and no bike for the weekend. fml :boxe:

Latest posts

Back