THE NEW 155Z CAN GET F@&ked 4 motors down!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i put shitload of hard hours on mine and the topend ****ed out before my cases ever had a problem... i wouldnt be that worried..

And no the z/Ho155/160s are supose to be the strongest cases out of the klx topend style engines..

my engine is only 2 hours old.It should not of stuffed up by now.With the cracked case does it give it gear box problems???

your the only person that i have heard of thats had a problem

i know you have said you know how to start a bike but you can still stuff it up even if it is at TDC as in where there is that bit of play before the kickstar gears come into play if you stomp through that your probably going to have issues

and did you just replace the cases or do you now have a heap of 155z engines as im looking for a clutch basket for mine

EDIT: do you have an adjustable ORK on your bike?? you could try retarding the timming

Last edited:
your the only person that i have heard of thats had a problem

i know you have said you know how to start a bike but you can still stuff it up even if it is at TDC as in where there is that bit of play before the kickstar gears come into play if you stomp through that your probably going to have issues

and did you just replace the cases or do you now have a heap of 155z engines as im looking for a clutch basket for mine

EDIT: do you have an adjustable ORK on your bike?? you could try retarding the timming

yeah i have tryed everything the time has been moved to almost fully retarded its running an inner rotor also yer i know what your saying about that bit of play but yeah i never get a run up for that reason its also running the tb head with the d-comp built in that bleeds of heaps of comp i have been told that there is a place over seas that makes a solid steel plate that gose in the gear box over the 2 shafts to stop them pulling apart and cracking the case got no idea where from tho :( and yer i got 3 155z laying around 2x the gen 2 and 1x the gen 1 my number is 0421005592

i put shitload of hard hours on mine and the topend ****ed out before my cases ever had a problem... i wouldnt be that worried..

And no the z/Ho155/160s are supose to be the strongest cases out of the klx topend style engines..

oh ok i was told a place is making a solid steel plate that gets fitted in the gear box over the 2 shafts to stop them pulling apart but i cant find them anywhere???

are you talking bout the z160 ho engine or the model before that only reason i ask is i have one of those in my trike

yeah i have tryed everything the time has been moved to almost fully retarded its running an inner rotor also yer i know what your saying about that bit of play but yeah i never get a run up for that reason its also running the tb head with the d-comp built in that bleeds of heaps of comp i have been told that there is a place over seas that makes a solid steel plate that gose in the gear box over the 2 shafts to stop them pulling apart and cracking the case got no idea where from tho :( and yer i got 3 155z laying around 2x the gen 2 and 1x the gen 1 my number is 0421005592

hey mate where abouts are you from?

yeah something seriously wrong with the setup here i think..
only problem iv heard from these engines are the kick starter gears. havent heard of a cracked cases issue for well over 12months with these engines and the model before it.

the new z160's are factory fitted with a de-comp cam so im guessing all the stock head guys running these engines wont have a problem..

DHZ_XR8cing you fitted a V2 head and more comp but no de-comp cam. problem number 1.
buy your self the takegawa s35 de-comp cam plus the special cam gear adapter.
or get the TB de-comp option fitted to your V2 head.

aitken your running a de-comp cam (which must be the takegawa one) are you running this special adapter? im guessing no..
id say the cam has already spat the circlip of the de-comp mech on the cam gear which would make the de-comp not work, and not to mention have a circlip floating around in the bottom end..

4 motors same mechanic...thats gotta be telling you something.. sounds like your not doing something or what i have said above is correct...

your second problem is your running an IRK.. man p!ss this off ASAP, its half your problem cause they spit out what every timing curve they want. not to mention theres many batch's of these that the magneto has the magnets in the wrong location..

id be sending your engine to DHZ and get then to fit all the TB parts, then if it fails again theres definitely an issue.

also a bad carb tune can result is a cracked case or broken gears.
and most importantly too tight of chain.
a lot of people dont realize that as the rear shock compresses (swing arm travels up) the chain gets tighter. guess what this does?
it distorts the engines cases and the counter shaft so something have to give..

the new 175's are the same motor as the z160 but with a 63mm bore kit and im pretty sure they deleted the de-comp cam out of them, because there are reports of these killing kick start gears too..

aitken you only have 1 option left for an engine... DAYTONA 150 (good luck with that $$$$$$)

yeah something seriously wrong with the setup here i think..
only problem iv heard from these engines are the kick starter gears. havent heard of a cracked cases issue for well over 12months with these engines and the model before it.

the new z160's are factory fitted with a de-comp cam so im guessing all the stock head guys running these engines wont have a problem..

DHZ_XR8cing you fitted a V2 head and more comp but no de-comp cam. problem number 1.
buy your self the takegawa s35 de-comp cam plus the special cam gear adapter.
or get the TB de-comp option fitted to your V2 head.

aitken your running a de-comp cam (which must be the takegawa one) are you running this special adapter? im guessing no..
id say the cam has already spat the circlip of the de-comp mech on the cam gear which would make the de-comp not work, and not to mention have a circlip floating around in the bottom end..

4 motors same mechanic...thats gotta be telling you something.. sounds like your not doing something or what i have said above is correct...

your second problem is your running an IRK.. man p!ss this off ASAP, its half your problem cause they spit out what every timing curve they want. not to mention theres many batch's of these that the magneto has the magnets in the wrong location..

id be sending your engine to DHZ and get then to fit all the TB parts, then if it fails again theres definitely an issue.

also a bad carb tune can result is a cracked case or broken gears.
and most importantly too tight of chain.
a lot of people dont realize that as the rear shock compresses (swing arm travels up) the chain gets tighter. guess what this does?
it distorts the engines cases and the counter shaft so something have to give..

the new 175's are the same motor as the z160 but with a 63mm bore kit and im pretty sure they deleted the de-comp cam out of them, because there are reports of these killing kick start gears too..

aitken you only have 1 option left for an engine... DAYTONA 150 (good luck with that $$$$$$)

thanks heaps for all your help and nar the head im running is the tb with the d-comp option i know what your saying about these irk it has a huge kick back some times we have also retared the timing alot to try fix this but stil happens i have been told about a steel plate u can get that gets fitted in the gear box to stop those 2 shrfts pulling apart and cracking cases but no one knows where there from :(

Latest posts

Back