THE NEW 155Z CAN GET F@&ked 4 motors down!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a new engine today.Ill see how this one goes. I spoke to ken today and he says that the v2 and s35 should not crack any cases or cause any dramas so by you using the de comp option should be even easier on all the kick starter gears and case i would think.
My other engine was not really any harder to kick over with the v2 or standard. Kick back was roughly the same so I cant see how the v2 and s35 can be much harsher on the engines then the standard configeration.

I got a new engine today.Ill see how this one goes. I spoke to ken today and he says that the v2 and s35 should not crack any cases or cause any dramas so by you using the de comp option should be even easier on all the kick starter gears and case i would think.
My other engine was not really any harder to kick over with the v2 or standard. Kick back was roughly the same so I cant see how the v2 and s35 can be much harsher on the engines then the standard configeration.

so your using a non de-comp s35 cam?
like i said the standard configuration runs a factory decomp cam so it will be worse on kick back and compression while kicking..
ill also give a little hint as too kick back..
if your bike is prone to it then dont hold your foot on the kick start after you've kicked it. release it straight away..
its the fact that the kick starter cant release quick enough that causes the case to break.

most my engines run a fair amount of advance and have a lot of kick back.. my son and myself have never broken a case or smashed a set of kick start gears by using this method..
yet iv seen heaps of my mates break cases and iv noticed that they leave their foot on the kick starter at full kick position while and after kicking.

ok guys after my little cry on here i had a deep breath sat down and went over and worked out what it was that was causing the case to crack over n over it was a few things working together it was a combo of the high comp piston and mini IRK that was give a huge kick back and weaking/cracking the case i have alot of friends with a lot more work done to there 155z but stil run the factory ORK and have not had a single problem all in all they are a great motor just not one for an IRK thanks heaps for everyones help and hope to see use at a track sometime!:) also a big thanks to kc and ken from DHZ minis coz without there time and help i would stil be up the creek with out a paddle! cheers!

i am getting another outlaw 160r with a v2 in a couple of months do you guys recomend i get the
de-comp buttton option?

would that help with the said problem?

i don't want to spend that much on a bike an stuff as quick a aitken said he did!!!!

Ill let you know after this weekends racing.Ill be putting the v2 and s35 back on my new engine during the week. I hope it all goes well.

yep my money was on the rotor the irk's have never been anything but problems

and i dont know weather you have been replaceing the kickstart gears as well because people have been supplying lifan gears and although they fit they are not the same tooth profile as the clutch basket and ride up on each other and either smash the gears or the bearing or the case

we have also retro fitted the yx case with the needle roller brg in it to the z155 ho and with a bit of shimming is working fine touch wood

my 175 would have to be well over 50hours now since christmas time and hasn't missed a beat

wont be far off needing rings i reckon

be wary i dont care who thinks it's possible but no horizontal engine in the world will handle 20+ horse power riding motocross

dreama's

Last edited:
so your using a non de-comp s35 cam?
like i said the standard configuration runs a factory decomp cam so it will be worse on kick back and compression while kicking..
ill also give a little hint as too kick back..
if your bike is prone to it then dont hold your foot on the kick start after you've kicked it. release it straight away..
its the fact that the kick starter cant release quick enough that causes the case to break.

most my engines run a fair amount of advance and have a lot of kick back.. my son and myself have never broken a case or smashed a set of kick start gears by using this method..
yet iv seen heaps of my mates break cases and iv noticed that they leave their foot on the kick starter at full kick position while and after kicking.

Yeh sean im using the s35 non de-comp cam with the standard piston.
Ill try your kicking idea with the kick back in mind. I am not totally sure what went wrong with my engine yet.Ill ring ken later in the week and see what it was that went wrong.

Great thread aitken.Id say alot of people will get some good help out of reading this.

Yeh sean im using the s35 non de-comp cam with the standard piston.
Ill try your kicking idea with the kick back in mind. I am not totally sure what went wrong with my engine yet.Ill ring ken later in the week and see what it was that went wrong.

Great thread aitken.Id say alot of people will get some good help out of reading this.

running the standard 155 piston hey.. your running the V2 and the z160HO aren't you?

yeah no de-comp isnt a good move..im thinking they installed de-comps in these engines for a reason..

yeh mate thats right. v2 on the z160HO with the 155 piston. Whats the cheapest option for a de-comp with my set up?

i did check the valve to piston clearance and im thinking that the new piston dhz are selling are the ones fitted to these engines with the bigger relieve

I thought Aitken did well. 4 engines and he didnt burn his bike? wow... thats patience. I wanted to burn my bike after i broke a brake lever... as an example to other bikes.

Latest posts

Back