Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK sure and yeah its the model that u r talking about.
I bought the bike second hand with 29 kms on it. The guy just didn't have time to ride it. I got it home and took it for a spin, it went great and then, it started bogging down hard and stalling, I thought maybe cause it sat for so long the carby needed a clean so I took it out and cleaned it with carb cleaner and put it back in. I played around with the fuel mixture screw and idle screw but it's just getting worse. I thought stuff it I'll just pay for it to be done properly and get back out there a little broke but hassle free.
That was a long one sorry,
What are your thoughts?

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

could be a number of things. when you first got the bike, did you check the valves ? drain the oil ? the carbs come stock with 36 pilot, and 105 main jetting, which is pretty spot on.

but i would adjust your valves first. even if its not the problem, it can cause problems later on. set the valves for .005 inlet, and .008 for exhaust, then post your results.

Thanx blender but I'm not to sure how to do the valves. Could you please give me some advice on how to do that.

here is a video of someone doing the valve clearences on the same engine you have. but i would suggest using .005 for inlet, and .008 for exhaust, it .003 and .004 are for smaller horizontal pit bike engines
[video=youtube;xq2ntPQbeLw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq2ntPQbeLw[/video]

Wow thanx alot I'll give it a shot tomorrow and post results

yeh, the main thing is to make sure your engine is at TDC, otherwise both valves wont be open. there should be markings on your flywheel, remove the inspection screw, and wind the engine over, until your at the markings. once the flywheel is at 12 o'clock, the cam sprocket will be at 9 o'clock (unless your timing is out) which i doubt

OK no dramas, hey a bit off topic but are there any plastics or sticker kits we can get for these bikes other than black?

nah mate, i have been looking for plastics/graphics, but this bike seems this is one the only bikes that runs chinese designed plastics. i like the look of the plastics themselves, but i would like some graphics, but because they are a fully original chinese design, you would have to send the plastics off to a custom graphics place, and they would have to design a whole kit to fit. would be more trouble than its worth IMO, it doesnt look too bad even with stock graphics anyway

Nah it's not too bad. I just couldn't find anything. How do you like the fury

Any reason why I couldn't find the air filter. Probably because there isn't one hey? And I was told to use mineral oil not synthetic is that true?

^^ air filter would be in the air box wouldn't it ?

yeh, the atomik fury's run an airbox type filter. to clean the air cleener, you have to pull down the whole l/h side of the plastics, i hate the disign (probably should of mentioned that in the review) but when i get my OKO carb, i will be returning to the foam pitbike filter, the stock airbox is quite restrictave anyway.

Hey blender how do you turn the fuel screw on the carby, it's ridiculously hard how it's placed on the bottom, I can't fit any tools in there. And wat is your setting for that.

i havent touched my air fuel mixture screw, as my carb was actually jetted , and tuned perferctly for the bike (thanks china!)

But the general rule of thumb is that by screwing your mixture screw all the way in, then 2 turns out should make it start. it'll most likely run rich, to lean it out a bit, just screw it out 1-1.5 of a turn, untim your happy with howe its running.

then take it for a plug chop. take it out, hold it flat out in 3rd or 4th, and bring the bike back in, pull the plug out (3/4" spark plug spanner, or ring spanner works!) and check the colour of the electrode. it should be a nice tan brown colour. i always have my bikes a tiny bit on the rich side, its safer to run a tad rich, then a tad lean

Btw, what jets are in it atm ? mine has 36 pilot, and 105 main. runs perfect with that setup.

OK I'll try it, the jets are standard with the bike so I guess their 36-105

Hey, NZ'er in Aussie. Got a few Mini's back in NZ and starting to build my collection over here. Here for sweet ideas and help.

Name: Terrence

Job:

Rides:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back