Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so... a little update
SHE RUNS, but not too well lol, shes very boggy down low
i managed to pull her out of the bog, the front wheel came straight up, lol i ran it for a good five mins, under load, 3rd gear power wheelies :p haha
chopped up the clutch cable too, the new one needed another 30mm, its all neat and tidy now,
mind the chain, first ride....
so the plug was fouled a fair amount, so im wondering if the "36" i have is a 38 -_-
lol so i'll need a 36 and maybe a 37?
my sticker kit was held up due to me being a derp and not having enough money.. lol
but its getting sorted as we speak!!
here she is!!
415CDD37-6DFD-4463-AE9D-834CA6B22736_zpszppusfht.jpg

What main jet is in it now ?
And you weren't riding it with the choke on were you?
It's on in the pic above

other way around maybe ? it's got a 100 in it, will only run with choke, needs bigger jet ?
boggy down low, bigger pilot jet

Last edited:
Get the pilot jet dialed in first, might need a #40 ?

You really gotta play with your idle screw loco.

Had the same issue with my yx when I went 40 pilot. Turned the idle right in and got it to fire straight up.

Try taping up the throttle cable to carby top join, vacuum leak
raise the idle speed, tune the mixture screw, then lower idle speed again

Fit the #40 and set the mixture screw to 2 full turns out and try it.
If it wont fire, try turning it in half a turn, still no fire go another half turn in.
Little fire, not run, turn in another 1/2 turn etc
It might need a #42 ?

Last edited:
Ok so I haven't touched the jet just yet, I've wound the idle all the way in, started nice then dies, wound the mixture in to 1.5 turns after 2.5 turns so it's 1.5 turns out, starts much easier but still dies,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wind it in from there, till it's only 1/2 a turn out and try it

Ok so, Umm it loves it at 2 and half, won't really blip now, I've gotta bring the idle speed up so I can catch it before it dies, it's firing a good 30 times and then just shutting off, so I'll mess with it till it idles! Haven't bothered yet with the plug chop, but when she gets higher in the revs she bogs abit, I have to slowly turn the throttle out to get her up further, but won't hit the rev limiter lol!
Got her in 4th, she definitely goes! Feels like the braaap 201, the wide bars make it feel like a larger bike, and really runs over all the bumps nice and powers out of them! The 201 has very stiff suspension and leaves me fatigued a lot, but this, I can sit back and chill,
And just enjoy the noise lol, the muffler doesn't feel like it's doing much lol,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i really hope someone has a set of bearings laying around.... ehhh
more money... so much for high qual jap bearings in the linkage, oh dont forget the copper bolt holding ya shocker on... wheeewwww
E1632448-9CD7-4CC5-B3F5-3618B876878C_zpspevzgkib.jpg

the funny thing is i thought these were new, apparently not...

Looks to me like you have blown the grease out of the bearings cleaning it loco!!!

It would have high quality bearings in it being coolies bike and I will vouch for him any day of the week.

Latest posts

Back