MiniFighter's XJR SS Build - MiniP

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so MiniP is back in business...we'll once again ride able at least lol (Note, top clamps are still loose. No comments required thanks :D )

ef99789a.jpg

34668e70.jpg

And just for you Terry :)

9b8c25c1.jpg

Ok, so i been pondering weather to do this for a bit now and one came at a good price so i went ahead with it. CRF50 front end. HD springs, +1 legs and Pro Taper top clamp. Need a bit of work, but should do the job once there done.

Tomorrow will need to order bearings, dust cap and top nut. China parts i had laying around fit well enough to mock fit the front end but will get some genuine parts tomorrow.

Plans (once all fitted) is to strip and re paint gold and and clean the chrome back up. Other than that seems good.

Also need a shorter front axle..

So all going well, my top clamp issue will be a thing of the past.

1ab0136b.jpg

74073b99.jpg

2152f584.jpg

Looking good:)

But...Yikes. Big step backwards on the forks? No offense intended. Really!
Maybe you could have a machinist mill the top clamp flat for the new risers to sit better? I like oil in my boingers. Honda XR75 or Z50 riser should work.

Still no chain roller or guide? Living on the edge, Wayne...

Kick-only conversion shouldn't be too bad. If you have to buy a stator, the ones on the new bigger YX's really liven up the small-blocks. I run one on my 47x51 "88" and love the responsiveness. I'm working on adapting a lighter flywheel setup to e-start, and have removed quite a bit from the workings so far.

Last edited:
it is a good step with the crf forks, my friend bought a bike with the same stock forks and they are complete rubbish and the clamps always break as well, he has a slow stack and didnt hit the ground very hard and snapped the whole tripped clamp in half. I think the crf front end is much better ;)

OK, So the crf front has been fitted and all seems sweet. So now it was time for a tidy up.

The forks weren't in great condition, but luckily enough it was only cosmetic. After pulling them back off the bike this was what i had to work with.

2595a120.jpg

The Five-o graphics that were on them had been there a while and were really hard to get off, they had gone really hard and plastic like. They also left all the glue on the forks so next step was cleaning with prepsol.

Took me about 30-40 mins but the end result wasn't to bad. i more than likely could have got away without painting them. But i did anyway lol.

a8807b5d.jpg

Some steel wool work, more prepsol then out in the sun warm up. First coat of paint.

cc466c41.jpg

(Note to GDFP, please see above pic for proof of mowed lawn lol)

And a few coats later with some time in the sun. Back on the bike and slowly back together.

7a6272d1.jpg

7e455eb2.jpg

Fork legs are next, pics dont look good of them but theres no rust just mud and grease marks etc. Some elbow grease and they should come up like new.

More pics soon :)

EDIT: Sorry for the poor pic quality, the lighting in the shed wasnt the best.

Last edited:
looking good mate.

whats the internal of the forks like? stock springs or ??

oh and what bearing kit did ya end up using?

edit..

should change your title too lol..

i wanna be a honda crf50 when i grow up

looking good mate.

whats the internal of the forks like? stock springs or ??

oh and what bearing kit did ya end up using?

edit..

should change your title too lol..

i wanna be a honda crf50 when i grow up

hahah.

The forks have HD springs (unsure of brand) and +1 legs. Pretty much the only reason apart from price i decided to give them a go.

Bearings i got were just std type second handies as i was in a hurry and didnt want to spend to much until i knew it would be sweet. if all goes well and there ok i will upgrade to some tapered bearings next pay. Just need to wait and see how it rides and handles etc.

yep cool, so your running genuine crf50 stem bearings... they seem any stronger than the china ones?

Latest posts

Back