Motovert RX build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaybus90

Reaction score
hey guys,

I have recently acquired a 08 motovert RX. It began life as a 50cc, but the previous owner put the 110cc lifan into it. The whole bike has 740ks but the 110 was put in less that 100 ago.

When I got the bike the whole engine was really loose so I needed to find some bolts and It didn't idle because of missing idle screw.

The bike needs a bit of work to get it up to being road worthy.

The head light and tail light and dash light don't seem to work.

I need to get a rear brake light switch

Rear brakes need attention

There are a few missing/ incorrect bolts around the bike

Refit EGR valve.

I will post progress pics.

Look's good mate.
Lights/dash etc might not be working due to the battery being missing ?

the Rear brake light switch would be easy to replace, just use a Yamaha/Suzuki or generic one
They connect to the back top of the foot brake lever with a light spring
Universal Motorcycle Motorbike Scooter ATV PIT Rear Brake Stop Light Switch Gear | eBay

mJ6Fyzv8nbhWlph6eVRG7Bw.jpg

Welcome to the mv rx club mate..im also building a rx

Just type 10mm brake pressure switch on ebay..it replaces the stock banjo bolt and turns b-light on when pressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The battery is in place, the brake light works with front brakes and indicators also work. The head light worked before I picked it up but when I fiddled trying find the cables for the rear brake switch I must have disturbed something

Today I got the pressure switch from the local moto store for only a few dollars more than ebay. I also got the headlight working, was just a loose connection. I took it for a quick spin up the street seems to go ok for a 110. I'm just used to my 140. Did seem slightly hot when I returned just needs a little tuning. Now just need a chain guard and I can get the safety certificate :)

The chain gaurd is impossible to find..i have to rig something up aswell

I'm quickly coming to realise that the 110 Is not going to be fun for too long. I have a 140 that still does not run 100% I'm thinking maybe try get it running well and transplant that or other option is to get another motor for te RX. I want something better withou out spending stacks on a Daytona

just go a yx150 or 160...with a 26mm oko and some gearing youll be over taking every kent

Had a bit of a fiddle with the fuel screw today as it bogs under fast throttle from idle. If I slowly open the throttle then it doesn't seem to bog. Currently the fuel screw is at .5 turns have tried right up to 2 turns and didn't seem to help. Although I have got a fuel screw from a different Leighton carb as the screw was missing from the Keihin pz26 when I recieved the bike. I'm starting to think the screw is possibly not the right one.

If I can't get it to work well maybe a new carb is in order. What is a good option for a 110cc lifan?

Ok after a bit of research I think maybe the carb is too big.

Just run a ****ty 21mm mikuni copy

Got off work early today so I took it down for a safety certificate. Passed with flying colours. Now just to try get some time to got to dept of transport for some rego :driver:

U saughted the chain gaurd out i take it?

Did you fit one up lol

Got some rego today. First run went ok for ten mins until bike started to splutter and carry on between low to medium throttle :( almost didn't make it home

Haha throw the motor in the bin snd get a 155 or yx motor an oko carb..After 70kms on mine yesterday the 125 was a boat anchor lol..

I've got a lifan 140 in another bike. I might try get it running well and put it in the rx. Just wondering though as the 140 is kick start and no lights battery ect will it be able to support having a lights? The 110 tops out at like 70 :(

Also the plug in the 110 was really white looking and I adjusted the fuel screw half a turn out until 2.5 turns out from firm where it became slightly rich looking.

Latest posts

Back