Motovert RX build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as the 140 has a lighting coil (yellow wires i think) it can be used on rx..ive converted my elec start 125 to kick and removed the battery until my 160 goes in very soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah u can use lights only any engine as long as it has or u install the lighting stator kit

Oh ok I see. You just run lights strait from the motor and not the battery. So if my 140 has the same wires coming from stator as the 110 I should be able to just swap the motors and swap cables and every thing should work electrically

After a bit of research it seems I can't use the 140min the rx the stair in the rx seems to be a IRK.

This is not my 140 but this is what the stator looks like can any one confirm what I have

Thanks for the reply my67xr. When I remove the cover on the 140 the stator looks like the pic I posted but the 110 looks like the pic you posted.

Yeah no dice just replace that stator

If the 110 is kick start only then you can swap the stator straight over onto the 140 (with a flywheel puller)
If the 110 is electric start then you'll need a new stator and flywheel.
Just make sure the one you buy has a yellow wire and a white wire coming off it the same as the 110 stator.

Ok makes it easy, you just need a Flywheel puller, M27 x1mm L/H thread.
Most motorbike shops sell them, the puller is the same one used on a lot of yamaha, suzuki and honda engines, a decent usa or japan made one will cost you under $30

So it's happening....

Got the flywheel puller. hopefully the 140 runs ok when in the rx frame. Worst case I'll put the 110 back in. So 140 out this afternoon and will put in the rx tomorow.

I had one last crack at getting the 110 to play the game. With a new molkt carby it ran sweet for the first ride. Then second ride it lasted 4-5 mins and started backfiring majorly on deceleration. It would only run well at full throttle. It eventually cut out and I could not get it going until it had cooled for ten mins then the same story again... Go well then cut out. I really want to know what the problem is so I can learn what how to fix it.

Things I've done/checked,

Valves set to .003/.004
Different spark plug
Check for spark
New 19mm carburator and filter
Change exhaust gasket from different bike
Walked the bike home twice

Last edited:
Also is there anything I can use as a exhaust gasket until I can't get a proper one? I'm thinking both gaskets may be not sealing

Have you checked the jets? Even and brand new carb can gum up pretty quick, especially if you dont have a decent fuel filter or your fuel hose is breaking up

Havnt read back yet where you are from, but can anyone tell me whats the rules on motovert rx registration in south australia?
I see theres on on gumtree with a "dead" 155z in st agnes atm for $1300. Is that an ok price??
I believe theyre $2999 new with a 125 yeah??

Don't know about SA but it was easy getting rego in qld

Latest posts

Back