Motovert RX build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need the Motovert RX125, thats the only model thats road legal.

i reckon the Molkt carby could have a sticky float, sometimes the arm the floats swing on is bent
This can cause high float levels and it will run rich eventually fouling the plug.
Is the old plug black/sooty at the tip?

You can check the float level by using a clear hose on the drain tube on the bottom of the carb
Lift the drain tube up and open the drain screw
The fuel will flow into the hose and then you can measure how far down from the top of the fuel the duel level is.
To high float level will cause it to run rich and would foul a plug after not long.

Last edited:
Hmmm interesting. I will check float level but the plug seemed to be quite lean looking when it started doing this but I did find a cracked manifold isolator. I swapped the cracked one out. On my last run the plug was slightly sooty after I pushed the bloody thing home hahah

If the plastic spacer insulator was cracked then the carbys mounting face might be warped too
You might be able to fix it by using some sandpaper on a hard sanding block and sand it back flat.
after a couple of passes with the sandpaper and block check the mounting face of the carby, if you can see sanding marks only on the outer edges of the bolt holes the face is warped and will need more sanding.

Ok yeah I'll check that I havea large file I could run it over also:) I did previously put a O ring into the insulator from a different bike and it was a bit thicker so that could have contributed to the cracking.

They made like 100 and they retailed for 3000 and the 50cc was 1800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just adjusted float level on the molkt and ensured exhaust was all lighted up well and leak tested carby. Bike ran sweet. Not sure wether to put the 140 in or leave it for a bit

Ride it till uve had enough of been overtaken by electric scooters haha..im buzzing round the twistys near my house with the 125 untill i cbf fitting 160

Yeh maybe while the 140 is out I can give it a bit of a overhaul. What do you recomend doing to it

If you can afford buy new piston,ring and bore kit...adjust valve clearances and ur good to go

You dont have to ver haul top end but mehh its worth it for longevity

You could have the 140 head ported, manifold match ported, throw in a high comp piston, fit an OKO 24mm, a Z40 race cam and it'll pull hard as.

Bit hard to see the true colour of the plug in pics.
But if it's a coffee colour on the insulator near the tip it's pretty good.

Ok . I changed my mind... The 140 is live in the RX!

Will go ****loads better than the junker 110

Even little things like deburring the welds inside the exhust at the front flange can help.
Sometimes they're a bit chunky and can restrict the exhaust gas flow.

Yeah she pulls harder now. May need to alter gearing. But it's ok for now. I'm keen to chuck the knobbies on and find some dirt to take it on. Maybe I'll transfer the suspension from the frame the 140 was in as it was fast ace. Few little things to do like install bash plate and also paint up the bracket I had to make for the oil cooler. I've got a muffler from another bike I may put on that doesn't have a baffle in it like the current one. I had to modify the clutch lever to fit with the indicator thingy

I went for another run this afternoon. All went well. Only problem is its got a slight oil leak from the stator plate. I'm thinking I either damaged the seals on installation or it's not seated properly. Will check it out one afternoon

Latest posts

Back