Motovert RX build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replace the large main seal and centre seal..and ull be leak free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you happen to know the part number for the seals?

Wat engine is it for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm prety sure its the oil seal behind the flywheel that is in the stator plate. It's a lifan 140

I found a exploded view but it looks like it's not the part number I can go into a bearing shop with

Some bearing shops don't keep that exact seal in stock, it's an 18.9mm i/d, 30mm o/d, and is 5mm wide
part number is 18.9 30 5

A lot of them do keep a seal that is very close, it's an 18mm i/d, 30mm o/d, and is 7mm wide Nitrile seal, so they will be a slightly tighter fit on the crank being wider, it doesn't matter there is clearance for it behind the stator plate.
I have been using the 18 30 7 seals instead of the original seal and haven't had a problem with them.

Your stator plate could also be leaking from one of the o'rings behind it too.
There is one at the top and one at the bottom and they sit between the stator plate and engine case.
They are 11mm o/d, 7mm i/d, and are 2.5mm thick, so buy 2 of them as well while you are there.

Be careful when fitting the stator plate, make sure you don't slice the sealing lip of the seal on the key way in the crankshaft
And put a little bit of oil on the inner lip of the seal too so it isn't dry when you first assemble it.

original seal

o'rings

Last edited:
Thanks for that info my67xr, they didn't have the correct seal as you said they proberbly wouldn't. I got the seal you said would work even though the guy at the bearing shop said that it would be too tight. But as you said it worked. Didn't even seem tight.

Did you replace the 2x o'rings while you were at it ?

Yep sure did. I just got back from a 15 min ride, there is still s oil leak somewhere but I'm not sure where. It's dripping off the fitted mounts and the tensioner bolt, the bolt is tight and the oil drain is also tight. The oil dripping seems to be quite black but the oil was fresh yesterday and still looks golden on the dip stick. Oil only seems to be leaking while engine is running. Maybe I over filled the oil.

Also when starting the bike tonight the kickstart seem to have skiped a bit with a bit of a cracking noise. it also seemed to be hard to find neutral with the engine running which was weird.

Last edited:
Fitted mount's ?

Tensioner bolt #13, alloy crush washer #15 here ? -

4-9ec2729a77.jpg

Skipping kicker doesn't sound good, might have chipped a kick start gear ? or the big gear on the clutch basket ?

Sorry was meant to be foot peg and engine mount bolts, but yes I think oils is coming from somewhere higher and dripping off the tensioner bolt #13. I've been searching and I'm hoping it's not a cracked case. It only seems to drip while engines running through. But the breather hose is quite oily so maybe I've over filled and oil is coming out the breather hose and ending up under the engine. The bottom of the engine was a bit greasy when I removed it from its previous frame.

It's not a massive leak just a few drops during and just after a ride. I'm not extremely worried. Would be nice for it to not be leaking though

Last edited:
Will have to inspect the internals of kick start gearin. :(

Oil leak could be the bottom rocker cover leaking?
It will run down under the engine

With it being hard to find neutral,
If you take the complete r/h side cover off, take the clutch off to check the engine r/h case, sometimes they crack around the bearing at about 4 o'clock
That'll mean a new r/h case is needed though.

Can get it some times but it's a bit tricky. Nothing ever seems to go right with my pit bikes

Just wondering, is the 110 semi auto parts the same? I realise one is semi auto and one is manual, but can I take bits I need from it? And also the rocker cover isn't leaking. Could the oil leak and the kick start and the neutral problem be the related?

Ok I measured the oil and it seems I over filled 200ml which is a lot. I decreased everything and ran the bike for a bit and don't seem to see oil anywhere but I will test ride shortly. Also getting neutral wasn't a problem on the driveway. Maybe it's a problem when hot after riding or can the over full oil have something to do with it?

A quick 30 min test ride and fingers crossed but there is not one drop of oil under the engine. Managed to get neutral with not too much hassle either.

Next weekend I am going to have a crack at changing the kick start gears, I found a link to a tutorial vid on here but it seems to be taken down or no longer available. Does anyone have a link to a working video? Also what do I need other than the gears? Gaskets? Also I have most tools but I think I may need circlip pliers. Any thing elce??

Yeah internal circlip pliers, a clutch nut tool, and maybe a clutch cover gasket if your's breaks
Classic Honda 50's Australia
Head Base Gasket KIT Lifan 138cc 140cc Engine PIT PRO Trail Dirt Bike Quad ATV | eBay
PIT Bike Trail PRO Thumpster Lifan 140 Gasket SET | eBay

First up remove kick start lever,
Lean bike over onto L/H side so oil doesn't drip every where.
Remove Clutch cover
Remove oil slinger off end of crank.
Remove clutch off gearbox main shaft.
Remove the small kick start drive gear/rear basket gear from main shaft
Remove circlips holding kickstart idler gear onto shaft, then remove gear
Remove the circlip holding the kick start shaft gear to the shaft.

Fit new parts and reassemble in reverse order.
Use loctite on clutch nut and slinger nuts
Clean oil slinger before refitting.
Clean oil filter mesh strainer whilst it's apart too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back