Motovert RX build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try the first link i posted above

Have you check to see if you need the gears or the clutch basket/clutch ?

No I have not checked that yet. I only have a issue starting every now and then. I saw some other posts from you about doing the and you said it can be hard holding the clutch assembly from turning when trying to undo? I will have to order one of those tools ao I have it to do the job

a rattle gun makes the job easier

But yeah the second one is the same, but i reckon the TB one would be much better quality.
They have a 3/8" or 1/2 " square drive in the middle of the tool, you use a ratchet and extension

The first link you posted will work for the Slinger castle nut but you'll need the smaller 20mm one for the clutch nut too

Last edited:
Oh ok yeh Now I know :) I will take apart Friday arvo/night and see which parts broken.

Ok so I have just ordered the tool, will inspect the gears so I can order. Was going to just get them from the local pit bike shop but proberbly will be cheaper from eBay. Do you think it's likley to be the clutch basket gear?

I have just taken all apart to find kick start gears have no teeth missing like wise with the clutch basket gear. Not sure what the problem is now

No sorry I'm out now, but they just had ever so slight wear on them

Ok, did you have the clutch basket off ?
This start gear that turn's the clutch basket can fail too.
Nothing like chunks of iron in the oil filter screen ?

Yep had it all off. That small gear along with the other gears were all intact. A couple of very small slithers of metal on the screen. Everything seemed to be ok. I reassembled with a new gasket and I will just live with it for now.

Latest posts

Back