Carltons Custom 155z crf70 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah mini its the same length as my current swingarm just different shock mount.... Does my old swingarm length look ok in regrads to the bike? or shouuld I go longer swingarm and different shock mount

cheers

Got the engine, carby and electrics yesterday.
I have since installed it, next on the list is high tensile bolts, longer stem bolt, new swingarm and I'm just about done.

Enginein.jpg

Whatever happened to a clean shed lol ?

Graphics arrived... piccies just don't do them justice!!! thanks magik

SDC18886.jpg

Hey Guys an update for you's all. Pitster Pro X4R swingarm, longer stem bolt and bearings have been ordered and payed for so the build should be up and running within the next week.
Went through the entire bike today and made a list of every bolt, washer and nut I need, so will be getting all the bolts tommorrow, I have gone high tensile socket heads all over so should be pretty shmick.

Oh and any critisiscm and/or opinions would be much appreciated

Cheers Guys

Hey Bully just saw your post then.... sorry Ive already ordered the bolts. $40.00 worth of high tensile zonc plated socket heads all over and button heads for the plastics... I personally like sing allen keys? but thats just me.... should be all bolted together by friday and then finished when the swinger and head stem bolt/ bearings arrive :D.... so keep your eyes peeled on this space guys!!!!!

cheers for the feedback also bully

Carlton

Looks good mate time for an update i think.
Also just letting you know I have a Five0 crf70 seat cover brand new in the bag. MiniFighter didnt end up taking it so its yours if you want to buy it...

Hey Sam
yeah an update will be up soon with the piccies. whats been done is the graphics applied to the plastics, exhaust and high tensile bolts have been fitted an x4r swingarm has been ordered and Im just waiting on dhz to reply so I can do the final order containing a few random bits (i.e stem bolt, brackes, kill switch, etc)

also about that seat cover Id be interested mate depending on what price your asking? just pm us a price your wanting.

Cheers
Carlton

Hey Guys I beleive an update is in order.

So far I have put the Pisterpro X4r swinger on and boy im loving it. ALso the exhaust has been put on and seeing as its the crf50 style exhaust I am happy that it fitted so snug with only a little modding needed!

Without further ado here are the piccies:

I heeded Minifighters advice and switched out the old sporcket with a new one, also took the liberty of ordereing a matching disc:

DiscSprocket.jpg

pitster x4r swinger courtesy of Sean:

PitsterX4rSwingarm.jpg

Heres how the bike is sitting atm, also the reason the front is itting high is because it is balanced on a chair lol

Swingarmon.jpg

and another:

Swingarmon2.jpg

Enjoy and bike should be finished next week so stay tuned!!!

Carlton

Hey Guys here is the bike assembled more.... need the dhz top clamp but other than that will be able to complee it soon:

opinions people?

Assembledmore-1.jpg

Hey Carlts.

Very cool Mate.

I like it lots.

Would love to see a pic of the final product.

Well done

Logic

I take back what I said earlier... reason for bike not starting was the result of no one elses but my insolence lol... piccies will be up soon ladies.... just gotta get a chain and rear caliper bracket... should be done by wednesday this week so stay tuned

Cheers to hman for the sprocket and chain at a great price. Bike is all togther now, except for a bash plate and rear brake mount, maiden voyage set for tommorrow :D piccies will up as soon as the bash plate is sorted.... not too long

so if anyone knows of a bash plate to suit a dhz crf70 with a 155z and a crf50 style exhaust it would be much appreciated, if not Ill have to make one out of stainless... no biggy

most of the bash plates around will fit.. only differences are the barrel bolt widths, but any plate can be modded to suite

Cheers to hman for the sprocket and chain at a great price. Bike is all togther now, except for a bash plate and rear brake mount, maiden voyage set for tommorrow :D piccies will up as soon as the bash plate is sorted.... not too long

so if anyone knows of a bash plate to suit a dhz crf70 with a 155z and a crf50 style exhaust it would be much appreciated, if not Ill have to make one out of stainless... no biggy

if you get stuck for parts bring the bike down and i will give you hand with what you need to finish it off. the sooner you are out riding the better. it is a good feeling riding a bike that you build from scratch. well done.

!!!UPDATE!!!
been pretty busy with work and uni so havent had alot of time to work on the bike. but basically spacers have been made, bash plate bought from motoreveo, electric connectors fitted. Piccies will be up by Friday night I promise. Also im going out riding on Saturday so Ill post some in-action shots and also get some video. Cheers to everyone for their help and input into the bike this far...

Heres a little teaser just for now...

SneakPeak.jpg

Nice work carlts im very eager to see some more pics . You must be getting very excited to ride it now ?? Top job mate

Cheers for the feedback Billy!! yeah more pics will be up soon and hopfully some decent action shots and videos. Having worked on the bike since November I'm rearing to go for a ride!!!

Latest posts

Back