Carltons Custom 155z crf70 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lads I am still around just :D

Been super busy with university end of semester, working part time 28 hour contract and family/friends.....

Hock bike cost roughly 2900 including engine mods to build, me thinks. Probably more but ignorance is bliss :D

Thanks for everything Tezza, post office were useless, Is it all sorted from your end now or do you need me to pester em?

As for updates on me and the bike.....

I installed the new engine kit ages ago, fired her up and went for a lil test run VERDICT:

1. was hard to start at first but became easier as I assume the oil circluated better
2. white smoke galore as to be expected from excess oil on cylinder, burnt off within idling 20 secs
3. Idling and ran like a dream, gears just keeep going!
4. PROBLEM, leaking oil between cylinder and engine base, did try and clean the old gasket off as best as I could, left a few lil flicks on there after ages of cleaning....
5. Will have to rip apart the engine, re-clean and install a new gasket b4 reassmbling (kudos Terry for the spare)

So I am yet to rip her aprt just cuz I'm soo busy, and I hope to have it done by this Friday.

I so need a break cuz believe it or not Ive only ridden my bike twice, the first for tuning and the second for fun. Since then she's sat dorment :(

I will keep you's posted and if you have any suggestions as to how to not screw the assembling/cleaning this time by all means caution me!!!!

Carlton

Damn Life gets in the way of Living, some times :)

PO sent me a notice saying "Thanks for your inquiry. Package was delivered on %%%%%". Yeah, I know. I called back and said it arrived, BROKE. They sent me another letter, identical to first. Screw em. lol

Any way, use a fresh razor blade and some carb cleaner, acetone, thinner on a rag and wipe it clean. Pull studs if it's real nasty. I add a drop of Yamabond at the case parting line for insurance.

CHeers dude!

Ahhh so you reckon go a tad of yamabond as well as the paper gasket man?

Yep, just a smudge at the parting line. Zongers usually leave the piston close enough to the top. YX's, I leave the base gasket out and brush on a thin coat. Different rod length.

Thanks dudes, will hopefully get some good footage GoPro and norm at the next ride!!! will keep yas posted

Installed the new clutch springs today and no luck. The clutch doesnt work at all. no resistance on the lever no matter how the clutch cable is adjusted. The case still has the push rod in it and I have un and re assembled it a ton of times to get it right and I can find no fault. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to pipe in cheers

you've had the whole clutch out yeah??

if so then your 2 washers are assembled wrong..

thick one first then turn it in the slot then fit the pronged washer on so the prong's lock the thick wash in place

CHeers for the help all. Coolie was right on in chatbox and turned out I had the clutch spring plate positioned wrong so it wasnt grabbing on the plates :D

Now to finish torquing the engine and fingers crossed no leaks this time :D

Brother bought a DSLR Canon 550D, so I will make sure to get some current build progress piccies in nice quality for ya's.

We are going out riding this Saturday so the Gopro footage will be up at around Monday to Tuesday. Can't wait to give this new engine a blast, I've already been told off by the neighbours for idling in the yard lol boy is it loud...

Haha lol, theres nothing stopping your bike from having the same potential bro. Just need to be a bit careless with the cash and you'd be surprised as to the result ;)

I'm waiting on a reply from a local concerning a 150cc Motovert, so will hopefully have two bikes soon :)

Bro's new camera (550D) is flippin sweet. Finally got around to giving my bike a thorough clean and getting some snappies:

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

Latest posts

Back