Foxico Z160HO, trails/enduro bigwheel

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well looks like I'll be able to save this rear wheel! Re-lacing it atm. Geezus everything is glued on with sand and salt water. Spanner, a fair dose of inox(quality WD40), a pair of pliers and some patience and they're slowly coming tight. Once you hear the nice ping oh the sand unlocking....So I think ive figured the spoke have actually been snapped by someone trying to 'tighten' the laces back up without doing what I'm doing above. They have literally just grabbed a spanner and started twisting the spokes until they snapped :crucified: well done....

Looks like it should come up ok! Just need a few more spokes and it should be alright. A few of them just dont want to turn so more inox and more time and they should move. The chain is on its 3rd dose of inox and is starting to get some movement in it!

Fired it up yesterday with some phone support cheers Craig! Not to hard to figure out the electrics. The carby started pissing fuel everywhere after running it for about two minutes. Already had some fuel hose from the man!! So sorted that out and will try fire it up later if there is still some daylight left! Coming up nicely, its pretty much a complete bike once this wheel is fixed and it has front brakes!! At least the bolts are all tight :thumbup: Tight by the means of sand and salt water.....WASH YA BIKE AFTER YOU RIDE IT ON THE BEACH...or you'll end up with all these exact problems...or not and then sell it to me for cheap when its fooked!!!

My ghetto wiring and new fuel hose

don't you have a spoke wrench ? most pit bike nipples are size 4

mine is the same as this one- Motorcycle Spoke Spanner Tool Wrench 6 IN 1 Suit MX KX RM WR YZ YZF CR CRF KTM | eBay

Yeah I think I'll just stick with my spanner for now....I need more inox so thats where my $10 will be going....Pretty sure I have a few at home for the mtbs, I recon had a 4 on it just need to find it again! Well the wheel is now not moving side to side I think ive done about half the spokes so, its coming good!

Do you have a front brake caliper around that I could use on the foxico? Was looking online but probably easier and faster to buy one off you if you have one! :thumbup:

Foxico was started and ridden a little just now. Almost died due to clutch not being properly adjusted and auto take off when I hit first....That is why you wire up your kill switch before trying to ride it...

video coming shortly!

So I got some of the cheap shop miracle cleaner on my67xr's advice. Inox on the chain and the the rear spokes, its getting there! Fired it up this arvo...I was having serging problems but I didnt put more fuel in it :iamwithstupid:

Anyway considering it was $200 and all it needs is a front brake caliper, mount and brake line to be a perfeclty ok running bike!! I think I did very well...here is a photo of how its cleaned up so far!

Supension is not blown, modern frame, no plastics damage! TTR Plastics. Its nothing special but its a big bore like the ducar and it goes pretty well :thumbup:

Yay finally uploaded!!! The foxico trying to kill me.... :/

[video=youtube;1Bk8GHVJjKc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bk8GHVJjKc[/video]

There were plenty of things I could have done...but its only about 8m from there to the shed and that gate isnt so wide....by the time I got to the backyard I was panicking a little so I pulled the plug....meh you had a good laugh!

OR I could just get a tie-die tshirt and jeans from the op-shop and look better....The bike cost less than that 14yo's bling gear....probably the same guy who rode it on the beach and never cleaned it, we'll at least his gear didnt get to dirty....

so does it have a kill switch, just not wired up yet?

I took it for another rip out the back after re-wiring the kill switch :thumbup: and it feels like a 'real' bike. The width of the seat and frame feels better for me to throw around! Will be nice with the 150 in it! Besides the front brake its complete as I bought it! Kill switch and everything...its got a lever just no caliper or brakeline! Thats it :thumbup:

Definitely needs some carby work done! Make sure you pull the alienware comp out tomorrow and Ill have a look at it! That and can re'load the other one or make one really good computer out of the two! Should be easy enough :thumbup:

Last edited:
yeah i agree on the feel of the bike, the Fuse suits me well

the carby sounds like it is running lean, probably a blockage in the Pilot Circuit ?
that's why when you up the idle speed it picks up revs so quick, because it is starting to run off the slide cutaway/main jet

Them mid size feels!!! Mid size bikes are the best! I went from a pit pro 125rr mini to my psto 140 mid size and I don't think I'll go back lol. Are your wheels 17/14?

yeah i agree on the feel of the bike, the Fuse suits me well

the carby sounds like it is running lean, probably a blockage in the Pilot Circuit ?
that's why when you up the idle speed it picks up revs so quick, because it is starting to run off the slide cutaway/main jet

Yeah I don't have a decent compressor...Should have bought it around with me the other day! I'll take it off and post up some photos! Plus it had NO fuel in it what ever didnt drain out was all that was in there....The exhaust gasket is leaking also. As well as the fact one side of the carby isnt actually connected because of that threaded bolt! Hang on I go pull it off!

Them mid size feels!!! Mid size bikes are the best! I went from a pit pro 125rr mini to my psto 140 mid size and I don't think I'll go back lol. Are your wheels 17/14?

Yeah the Foxico is a bigwheel 17/14 but I think the size suits me a little more than the pit bikes...funny the other bike I have is a pit pro 125rr but its sitting a little higher than stock now :thumbup:

it's a Keihin copy, so could probably go to a 34 or 36 Pilot jet.
the Main Jet might be ok ? think i have an 82 that will fit

did i give you a copper Exhaust ring in that bag of parts ?

it's a Keihin copy, so could probably go to a 34 or 36 Pilot jet.
the Main Jet might be ok ? think i have an 82 that will fit

did i give you a copper Exhaust ring in that bag of parts ?

Cool! Yeah you gave me a copper o-ring that I put on the PitPro 2008! Just stripped it, hopefully get some clear coat onto it tomorrow!!

Hey stooza try a slightly longer bolt, otherwise you might have to use a helical tap or thread insert.

Cheers mate I was thinking I might get away with a longer bolt instead of a helical! :thumbup:

Gave it another layer of magic cleaner! Will get pressure washed a little later!

I borrowed some welding pliers that lock up properly yesterday, All the spokes on the back wheel are tight minus 4, two snapped at the lace and two were pre-snapped! Front brake needs a mounting bracket, caliper and brake line. Wiring needs to be soldered and cleaned up then she's essentially done. Until I swap the front end from the pit pro onto this and the 150 :thumbup:

With any luck we can get the RH crankcases welded up nice and cheap like!! Then Craig will have a spare 150 and I will have a working one again! Ready to do some riding!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back