Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea, those cameras are good, i have one, the only thing is they are pretty bad in windy conditions

Yeah I use the water proof case and havnt had a problem wiht wind noise yet as the mic is inside, does make it a little tinny sounding but hey no real problems!

Also super exciting news I'm getting a map dropped off to me tomorrow for a mates property up at Morgan. He said we can go riding up there when ever we want as long as we take all our rubbish away with us. As you do whenever you go to the bush or camping.

300 acres and apparently there are a few large-ish enduro tracks already there(basically its this guys property to take bikes and have fun)!! BBQ there just need gas, its next to the river so we can cool off if its a bit warm. Looks like I'll have to get the next ride planned sometime in the near future! We can camp up there too(if you like) and have a fire as its almost passed fire danger season. Might be a good option if anyone has to travel a long way and doesn't want to drive back to town or where ever after a day of riding! I think this will be a good spot for the next ride to happen!! Will be free entry as well just petrol money to get up there, or a vehicle!! Will work out something with craig, I can probably fit upto 3 bikes in the back of my ute but only two seats and Craig has a trailer so, if anyone has any woes with transport we should be able to help out! :thumbup:

Last edited:
^^^^^ That sounds pretty sweet

Yell out. Might get a few boys to come over

^^^^^ That sounds pretty sweet

Yell out. Might get a few boys to come over

For sure!!! I'll be camping I think as its just more fun, I've got a massive 100L esky too that keeps cold for 5 days,I think it fits about 4 cartons of beer! :action-smiley-035:

Thats all good Craig I have spare bars sitting at home from a pitster pro!!

So I wouldnt normally plug Big W, but Ive been pretty happy with this camera. Apparently they're made by the same company as gopro these cheapies...works a treat and I wont cry if it ever gets broken,does 720p but not 1080p...which is no real issue :)

https://www.bigw.com.au/electronics/cameras/digital-cameras/bpnBIGW_0000000334885/3sixt-hd-sports-action-cam

Hey don't bag Big W (I work there) :) hahaha
Been looking at the cameras wondering how they perform - the specs are almost identical to go pro silver.... And only $48..... I'll grab one this weekend and have a go now :)

Looks like u guys had an awesome ride. Would love to have a camp/ride round this area sometime....

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Hey don't bag Big W (I work there) :) hahaha
Been looking at the cameras wondering how they perform - the specs are almost identical to go pro silver.... And only $48..... I'll grab one this weekend and have a go now :)

Looks like u guys had an awesome ride. Would love to have a camp/ride round this area sometime....

Yeah it was a pretty awesome day. Are you in South Australia too rikchick? I will be organising another ride day the next town out from Eudunda. This other property is at Morgan in SA so its 2hrs from Adelaide and 3hrs from Mildura. So it could be an option for anyone living near the border on the Victorian side too B)

Last edited:
Yeah it was a pretty awesome day. Are you in South Australia too rikchick? I will be organising another ride day the next town out from Eudunda. This other property is at Morgan in SA so its 2hrs from Adelaide and 3hrs from Mildura. So it could be an option for anyone living near the border on the Victorian too B)

Nah, I'm in nsw near Byron bay.... I do love to visit Adelaide and have friends and relos over there tho :)

yeah i think the footage is pretty good for the $$
and it would be easy enough to muffle the microphone.
i think i'll invest in a couple when i have some spare dollars.

Stu, i still think you need to raise the camera angle to see a bit more in front of you.
when i'm watching the video's i'm trying to tilt my head back to see further forward.

Hahahaha yeah well it was an impromptu zip-tie set up remember!!! Lucky we got any at all after I forgot the bolt to put it in the proper mount! I didnt really check to see if it had moved but it looked like it was in the same spot when we finished up. You'll have to come up with some sort of gyro mount so its always looking ahead in the perfect spot. :coolthumb:

Oh I should also mention you'll need to buy a class 10 micro SD card(if you dont already have one) as well to keep up with the camera. I'm using an 8 gig which gives almost exactly an hour of footage. The sd itself cost me around $50 but I could have saved on that had I got it online. I tried to use a class 2 but it cant even keep up with walking and everything comes out in chunky pixels!

i use a class 6 8gb sandisk micro SD card, it is ok, but i will be upgrading to a class 10 soon

i use a class 6 8gb sandisk micro SD card, it is ok, but i will be upgrading to a class 10 soon

You'll be really surprised at the quality difference when you do mate, although that would be almost fine for 720p I think! Do you ever notice it pixels out if you turn your head quickly or the camera has to re-focus from dark to light in rapid succession?

yeah i already have a couple of class 10 16Gig cards for my mini/micro DVR's

a Sandisc Ultra ,and a Samsung Plus

Cool! What about the gyro mount?? Im thinking maybe something coming down off either side of the visor with a pivots either side and a weight at the bottom??

Hang on Ill literally draw you a picture. I think it could be done without to much hassle!

Sorry about my concept drawing skills, not concentrating to hard but yeah it looks good in my head! Maybe do like a 30deg pitch so if you look down it will still follow but not entirely so you get less of that car sickness feeling? Or I could just move my visor back more :thumbup: but I'm liking the idea of a gyro mount or even a clamp system side mount like in the picture as that would mean NOT having to screw holes in your visor. Still not sure if they would be to happy about that at an officiated MX track.

DSC_0333.jpg

here you go, it's even named after you, the Stubilizer

and another one here, budget build

Bloody internet has everything....even a guy called Stu with the same idea as me....classic!!!

They're both a bit big, it will look weird with me cause I'm tall having the camera ontop of my helmet. I'm might have a crack at my idea anyway I think it wont be to hard to do!

Last edited:
Righto finally got the last video up from Sunday at Eudunda mx track! This shows the gears popping out a fair bit, me feeling the bike out(ie jumping everything in sight) and a couple of full laps of the track. Going to go through the bigwheel gearbox with Craig in the next few days, see if we can sort it the shifting issues!

Enjoy!
[video=youtube;JTOZFGHOt1A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTOZFGHOt1A[/video]

You'll be really surprised at the quality difference when you do mate, although that would be almost fine for 720p I think! Do you ever notice it pixels out if you turn your head quickly or the camera has to re-focus from dark to light in rapid succession?

yeah, i get that a bit, but its more the sound going out of sync with the video that made me want to upgrade

yeah, i get that a bit, but its more the sound going out of sync with the video that made me want to upgrade

You wont have a problem with a Class 10. So the Class just literally means mbps that it can record at 10mbps is absolutely fine for 720p. I dont have any problems with pixelation or sound sync. Supposedly Class 10 is fine for 1080p but I think I'd go more like a 12 or 15 for that...and WAY out of my price range! Have you checked out whats happening with the pitpro 14/12? Painted the frame and sub frame today going to come up nicely!

You wont have a problem with a Class 10. So the Class just literally means mbps that it can record at 10mbps is absolutely fine for 720p. I dont have any problems with pixelation or sound sync. Supposedly Class 10 is fine for 1080p but I think I'd go more like a 12 or 15 for that...and WAY out of my price range! Have you checked out whats happening with the pitpro 14/12? Painted the frame and sub frame today going to come up nicely!

yeh, a class 10 should be fine i think. once you start getting past class 10, it just gets too expensive. with the blue frame, how many coats of clear are you going to do over the the blue ? it does look good though :)

Last edited:
yeh, a class 10 should be fine i think. once you start getting past class 10, it just gets too expensive. with the blue frame, how many coats of clear are you going to do over the the blue ? it does look good though :)

Looks like Craig will be showing me how to do it in 2pack clear...I have no idea...3 maybe?

1 dry to help adhesion, 2 wet coats, and then 24 hours to cure.

Latest posts

Back