Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah they are good quality, lol.
by the time the welder got down to those welds his eye's/retina's were probably burning from welding in his sunglasses.

lmao hit the nail on the head mate :) the tdr frame i got lying round was even worse than that, looked like my 7 yr old had a crack at it tbh.

ROFL^^^^ I wish I could find that photo of the guy with the sandpaper tied around his head with two little slits cut in it in place of welding goggles.....I agree....Seriously....this is a well good reason to buy mx boots if you're going to 'save' money buying a chinese pit bike! I kinda like the TDR though...she's pretty heavy and stable! Will be a nice bike for others to ride! Seriously considering swapping the forks onto the PitPro...there is at least 2 more inches of travel on them...also in the TDR's defence it came with front and rear twin piston brakes too...so at least the thing stops well!! Might also swap these to the PitPro...

Yeah luckily its just the frame thats suss. The other parts are quite decent. Twin pot breaks front and rear, got a Ducar in it,chain and sprockets are 428, so they do a little R & D in China or at least enough to feel good about their products!!

I've already had some discussions on what to build with the parts from the TDR when it inevitably snaps! I bought the TDR then I got excited a week later and bought the PitPro which has been getting lots more attention! Might try to get a midsize atomik frame, swap the pit pro stuff onto that then the TDR stuff onto the pit pro...big plans but very little money!

Yeah luckily its just the frame thats suss. The other parts are quite decent. Twin pot breaks front and rear, got a Ducar in it,chain and sprockets are 428, so they do a little R & D in China or at least enough to feel good about their products!!

I've already had some discussions on what to build with the parts from the TDR when it inevitably snaps! I bought the TDR then I got excited a week later and bought the PitPro which has been getting lots more attention! Might try to get a midsize atomik frame, swap the pit pro stuff onto that then the TDR stuff onto the pit pro...big plans but very little money!
As i said in the PM pitbikes will suck all of your money unless you buy a pre-built lxr or something (or just buy one and ride it without many modifications just std)

As i said in the PM pitbikes will suck all of your money unless you buy a pre-built lxr or something (or just buy one and ride it without many modifications just std)

I appreciate your concern mate!

Fortunately I dont have much to be sucked dry tbh...See how I go from here I have the GPX forks on the way for the PitPro,thats the last I'm spending for a while.

Might do some part swaps for a couple of other things I want! Once I badly break the PitPro I might just go for an LXR or something. I'm one of those sick people who actually enjoys working on bikes almost as much as riding them(bikes are in my blood you just dont loose it).

Plus the TDR will be nice to have around for 'mates' to come riding on...wont be to concerned about it breaking and its nice and stable(read heavy) so they wont be able to get into to much a mess on it!

I'll be ok, I'll get something good when I'm a good rider ;) no point in breaking something shiny and expensive due to lack of experience...

I know its NOT a great bike and I dont plan to spend any money on it besides from maintenance stuff...so dont worry I'm not going to spend more on it, the plastics were an accident not paying attention to what I was doing on ebay,I was actually tyring to buy crf50 plastics... ;)

chain and sprockets are 428,

Hmmm, won't put money on it but i reckon you'll find 1 sproket is 428 the other is 420 (that was the case with my sisters) and they run a 420 chain. I noticed this when we first tried to put a 428 front sproket on...

Hmmm, won't put money on it but i reckon you'll find 1 sproket is 428 the other is 420 (that was the case with my sisters) and they run a 420 chain. I noticed this when we first tried to put a 428 front sproket on...

yeah your right there timeeh,
the front sprocket is a 428, and the chain is a 428, but the rear sprocket is only stamped a 428, i noticed that it's only as wide as a 420

Last edited:
Do you guys ever get sick of being correct? This is why this is called a noob build....

Do you guys ever get sick of being correct? This is why this is called a noob build....

LOL all god buddy, just little hints you probably should know ;) Otherwise you'll go to buy stuff and find it doesn't fit, like wev'e all done....a fair few times i would bet..except for Craig (my67xr) this guy is seriously a genious :)

LOL all god buddy, just little hints you probably should know ;) Otherwise you'll go to buy stuff and find it doesn't fit, like wev'e all done....a fair few times i would bet..except for Craig (my67xr) this guy is seriously a genious :)

I really do appreciate it, I dont have enough money to buy things that wont fit! Its a bit of a learning curve for me but its all pretty similar to pushies so I'm picking it up quite fast with all the help from the people in the know!

I can take one bike out tomorrow for a bit of a cruise tomorrow...The TDR is the only one in one whole piece. I could probably get the Pit Pro running as long as the shock comes tomorrow. What a silly problem to have....

TDR GONE.....

Just sold the TDR for $450, extra plastics are being sold for $30, so I'm only loosing about $10!! :thumbup: and I can afford to get on with the big wheel and the pit pro mini WR clone!!!

Stoked....Could a got more for it if I waited too! Meh, one happy kid, and it wont be getting jumped so no worries at all and everyone wins :thumbup:

stu,
i have merged that TDR gone thread to this one, no point starting a new thread to say it's sold

did you see some girl on swaps wants some Apollo/Orion plastics ?
she is from Glenelg way

stu,
i have merged that TDR gone thread to this one, no point starting a new thread to say it's sold

did you see some girl on swaps wants some Apollo/Orion plastics ?
she is from Glenelg way

Thanks for managing me....sometimes I like to check if you're still around....

Yep apparently she wanted the extra plastics I had....dunno she was kinda looking for black ithink her bike has pink wheels....I have her number if you want it??? :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back