Foxico Z160HO, trails/enduro bigwheel

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I like this one!

3M Adhsive Ryuka Decals Graphics Stickers FOR Yamaha TTR 110 TTR110 Bike Emblems | eBay

This is the back wheel, I was looking with tyres and tubes before, and that makes them really pricey!! But just the rim and hub is not to bad! I dont really want my rear rim shredding itself due to having a few spokes missing...and I've heard the 160s are a bit more likely to mess things up...Really at that price its very do-able. Would have to take the tyre and tube out to replace spokes anyways. I think I'll just keep the old one as a spare! Had heaps of calls about the cheapie, keep missing them, I'm not in a big hurry. Just lots of dreamers so far....It'll go eventually!

90 100 14 Inch 15mm Gold Alloy Rear Back Wheel RIM PIT PRO Trail Dirt Bike | eBay

So time for me to learn about exhausts....the Foxico exhaust doesn't seem to fit :thumbdown...the bends look almost identical so...may be able to cut and shut? Or just get a new one...

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

the new engine has a different angle'd exhaust port, it comes out almost straight down.
the old one would have come down and towards the right
it's just a cut and shut job

the new engine has a different angle'd exhaust port, it comes out almost straight down.
the old one would have come down and towards the right
it's just a cut and shut job

Yeah thats what it looked like, the left hand side of the exhuast has big gap the right has no gap...I'd still be keen for a new one, but might wait a while on that if its an easy job! Oops I forgot photos been running round like a headless chook since 2pm...

New chain went on fine. What did I guess 120? it ended up being 117 links :thumbup: 3 links short of what I though it would be....and my old bicycle chain breaker got the pin mostly out, then a screwdriver and a hammer...although not particularly impressed with the stength of it, after breaking one side of a link by hand....It got a bit stuck in the small chain breaker and I was trying to get more room to get it out, I think I can 'edit' the chain breaker a tiny bit and it will work for both motos and bicycles...its a well built big hardened one so plenty of torque to get pins out!!

Oh well sure the moto shop in Morgan will have one if it gets broken....and with a race on sunday, I'm guessing they'll be stocked up too!! :thumbup:

So yeah bit of cut and shut should solve that one.

First time putting a new chain on, I swear it was easier than some bmx chains I've done before...and I still want a halflink freaking moto chain, would be the strongest thing ever :thumbup: I guess if they make chains to good, you'd never need a new one, thats business!

Last edited:
did you back the adjusters off fully before you measured ?

did you back the adjusters off fully before you measured ?

Yeah, Might need another link or two taken out...was rushing before the guy came for the cheapie. Wont be a problem to shorten it a bit more, I just know its easier to take links out than put them back in and didnt want to cause a problem by making it to short!

Had an early night cause working early today. So we were kind of comparing differences between the Foxico and the atomik frames. They're subtle but they are not the same frame!! Can you spot the differences between they?

uploadfromtaptalk1399336528447.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1399336698195.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1399336727219.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1399336754766.jpg

you mean the bracing positioning throughout the frame being different?? that would be the only one i really noticed or am i missing something??

the rear shock mounts at the top are different between the two bikes,
stu's bike has a 320mm rear shock, mine has a 360mm
yeah different placings and lengths of the gussets etc

and stu has a KLX style port exhaust now too, i did a cut and shut on the original Foxy one
it also now has a kill switch that works !

Cheers yeah thats the major difference is the rear shocks...Cool thanks Tassy Stu. I chucked some money in last week for that, just make sure its come through!! :thumbup:

Just from the backyard too those GPX forks feel freaking awesome!!

yeah mate itr came through, i expressed it and actually wrote the address properly this time :) now i actually opened the pics up to full size i can see the shock mount is different. the atomik with more suspension travel being the frame to have lol. glad your happy with the forks to mate

it'd be an easy thing to relocate the Foxico top mount if you wanted to.

stoozo,
remember your dodgy looking Foxico fuel cap, i hope you didn't like it !
because i sand blasted it today and gave it a quicky respray, i did it in Ford Blueprint, a BA/BF Falcon colour

the CRF to KLX exhaust header pipe conversion was pretty easy too
i just cut the CRF flange end off next to the internal weld, and slid the CRF end off the pipe.
then made a new 8mm high flange out of some thicker tube,
i sat a new gasket and the new flange up into the exhaust recess, trimmed the original header pipe to suit the new angle and welded it on, put some alignment marks on the 2 pieces, and took it all off the engine
then welded it together, and cleaned up the welds with a die grinder tungsten carbide bit in my drill
and bolted it back onto the bike

doing it this way meant there are no cut and shut welds to be seen on the pipe, and it looks like a factory fitted pipe.

it'd be an easy thing to relocate the Foxico top mount if you wanted to.

stoozo,
remember your dodgy looking Foxico fuel cap, i hope you didn't like it !
because i sand blasted it today and gave it a quicky respray, i did it in Ford Blueprint, a BA/BF Falcon colour

I swear that was the same colour of the falcon that I learnt how to drive in... :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back