Foxico Z160HO, trails/enduro bigwheel

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was moving stu's bike this morning and heard a rattle in the muffler, so i took the end cap of and found this

the perf pipe had broken it's welds at some stage and let all the packing blow out

do i welded it back together again and repacked the muffler with some good/used packing,
i made a new spark arrestor fitted that and the cap back on and pop riveted it back together again.
should sound a fair bit better now.

and this is the fuel tank off the Foxico, after plastic welded it back together, i should have got a before pic..
it had a big crack from impact ? or something running from the rear middle cutaway section across to just above that top bolt hole
i plastic welded it this morning and it checked out ok after 45mins sitting with fuel in it.
i gave it a coat of Devon to seal it off, and protect it even more.

Bugger......seriously why now....I think it was getting to excited at Craigs place....

uploadfromtaptalk1399556235287.jpg

what is wrong, i cant tell because the pic isn't focused

I could be wrong but it looks to me like it's leaking from the banjo?

MINI MENACE MX

the rubbers in the sealing washers might be worn out then stu,
you'd have a few spares though wouldn't you ?

or worst case, get some thick copper washers from Motormate in the little plastic Champion packs
even ask them behind the desk if they sell them individually

my opinon foxicos are **** house well the motors are my mate had one it kept stuffing the flywheel and always needed a lot of work they do look nice but looks can decive but good buy!

my opinon foxicos are **** house well the motors are my mate had one it kept stuffing the flywheel and always needed a lot of work they do look nice but looks can decive but good buy!

Did you actually LOOK at the motor in this bike now??

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

the rubbers in the sealing washers might be worn out then stu,
you'd have a few spares though wouldn't you ?

or worst case, get some thick copper washers from Motormate in the little plastic Champion packs
even ask them behind the desk if they sell them individually

Nah stripped the screw! Then the caliper was stuffed all swapped now bikes in almost ready to go! Sun should be out soon!

Hey stu, just had another read through your thread and was wondering how you laced up your rims? I laced mine up but didn't pay much attention to making them spin true. This causes the wheel bearings to fail OFTEN. Might pay to set the axle and wheel up in a vice and true it up.
It not a bad job to do actually. Quite interesting but time consuming.

Hey stu, just had another read through your thread and was wondering how you laced up your rims? I laced mine up but didn't pay much attention to making them spin true. This causes the wheel bearings to fail OFTEN. Might pay to set the axle and wheel up in a vice and true it up.
It not a bad job to do actually. Quite interesting but time consuming.

It ended up being a bit of a bush job,because I didnt change the spokes before I left. I brought up a spare 14 inch rim but its a 12mm axle rim. So I just stole some spokes from that and pulled out the crap from the 15mm axle and did it on the ground.

I was literally just contemplating buying a new back rim or just fixing the dodgy old one. I'm thinking new one loctite up all the spokes and seal it properly and not have to worry about it anymore...I think I've seen them for $80ish on ebay. Then Ill spend a bit of time on the old one and keep it as a spare :thumbup: oh then there is pulling out the rear disk brake bolts is there a trick to that, seems like all the wheels I try just want to strip. Its a 6mm allen key and I got the imperial allen keys out today and its basically warped or heated up so much it pretty much fits the next size up imperial, even hammering one of those in and it still wants to strip....sigh...

Just ordered a new 14inch rim from ebay. Used the make an offer thing and got it for $50 plus $13 postage! Score, gold alloy...what ever that means, pretty sure its just the colour and its a steel rim!

Try hitting the head of the bolt with a punch that's softer then the bolt. Hopefully that will free it up, wd40 never hurt either. If not then maybe use some heat?

Try hitting the head of the bolt with a punch that's softer then the bolt. Hopefully that will free it up, wd40 never hurt either. If not then maybe use some heat?

Yeah I'm thinking of getting myself a propane torch!! I think you can get smallish ones from the tool shop! Getting annoyed with blood Chinese bolts...when China start making Boeing copys were all screwed!!

you can borrow my big LP gas torch if you need to, connects up to a 4.5kg or 9kg bottle
or i have a smaller one that goes on those $15 disposable bottles

you can borrow my big LP gas torch if you need to, connects up to a 4.5kg or 9kg bottle
or i have a smaller one that goes on those $15 disposable bottles

I'll drop down tomorrow arvo for a catch up. Might bring the wheel down, but its not urgent that bike wont be going in the comp this month so its on the back burner! Keen to see the xr now its all clean, oh and you can take me for a drive in it....pretty sure we need to goto lonsdale for something dont we? Might up the chances of getting it done also :grinning-smiley-003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back