Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stoozo

Banned Wanker of the Century
Reaction score
Well I did it again. Picked up another bike cause I wanted to get a 150...So I got this. Was pretty damn cheap at $300, has a DNM rear shock fully adjustable and rebound adjustable forks. 150yx and pretty clean generally. Needs a new seat and new rear fender besides that its just a bit of spanner work on brakes etc.

So I've noticed so far, one bolt is missing from the subframe, and just pulling the engine case off to see if I can fix the gear shifting problem...hopefully its an easy fix :D

Photos coming......I figured out that attachement thing was because I unplugged my phone from which I was uploading before I posted the thread!

This is what it looks like
DSC_0251.jpg

$300 not to bad....
DSC_0256.jpg

Rear subframe has had some dodgy repairs or additions to it?? Its not chromoly thats for sure!
DSC_0258.jpg

Nice little suspension package however! Front has adjustable rebound too! :D

DSC_0252.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

So a bit of further inspection,sub frame is missing two bolts...no wonder he was having problems with it. I think it may have been flipped over backwards and landed on the gear shifter...What do you expect from out North.... its having some gear selecting issues too. May have to do a bit of a photo tutorial on that one as its going to be a bit of an important job to get solved! The clutch lever has been snapped...which would also back up the fact its been dropped on the left hand side....lucky I have access to a couple of spare 150s....nudge, nudge, wink, wink, my67xr, cough, cough.....

Not sure what year but its got a pit pro frame that looks even chunkier than the one I got a few weeks back!

Front brakes need a bleed at least, maybe new pads.

Tyres and wheels are decent the front tyre looks almost new!

Cant do anything until I get the clutch basket off however in terms of investigating the gear select problem and I have no tool for it :thumbdown: so that kinda put a spanner in the works for the rest of today!

So things I will need if anyone has spares laying around is a seat what kit is this again? And a rear fender for the same style if anyone has one laying around and wants to sell or swap me PM me for sure :thumbup:

All in all I dont feel to bad about this purchase even though its putting some financial pressure on me, I think I should make a pretty penny back from it! Not allowed to keep it apparently I have a 2 bike maximum! At least one will be going soon, may swap the 150 into the pit pro, put the 1P25FM1 back in the big wheel and then maybe I can swap a guy both of them for a really really worked 2012 160 PitPro....Thats the current plan see how it all pans out! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Sorry messed up the pic edited and reposted the original...have another read fellas!

I wonder if that could be a pitster pro x4r? Hmmm the front forks look the exact same
And that is an addition to the subframe mate.

certainly not stock suspension for a atomik bigfoot..
pics work now
i think this one is a keeper get rid of the tdr

certainly not stock suspension for a atomik bigfoot..
pics work now
i think this one is a keeper get rid of the tdr

Lulz...yeah...Hoping I can maybe swap a guy for the TDR and PitPro with cash my way for a 160 PitPro thats been modified more than this....See how we go on that one, I think that might be easier than an engine swap!! ;) It certainly feels a little more like the size I'm used to, that said...I wouldnt want to go any bigger at this stage than 17/14....if ever...to much speed = to much pain when you fall off!

I wonder if that could be a pitster pro x4r? Hmmm the front forks look the exact same
And that is an addition to the subframe mate.

Geez....its would certainly be a big win if it is an x4r!!! :thumbup:

Yeah I was wondering if it was an addition or 'repairs'...cheers! Good to know...wont take long to remove with the angle grinder!!

thats no x4r, the plastics look to be like something off a ktm 85, plus look at the rear subframe where it mounts to the frame, i have never seen anything like that, but with adjustable suspension all round, lifan 150 300 is a bargain!

look foward to more progress

didn't the old owner say his mate that swapped him with it, said it was a PitPro ?

ring Kamikazee Disposals when you get a chance they had a yellow one out the front today with the same plastics when we went past.

it is a PitPro 150XR, they don't make them anymore
pretty sure it's the 2009 model, after that they went to KLX plastics on the PitPro 140SE Big Wheel

Dirt-Bike-KT-1-.jpg

didn't the old owner say his mate that swapped him with it, said it was a PitPro ?

ring Kamikazee Disposals when you get a chance they had a yellow one out the front today with the same plastics when we went past.

Not if I can help it!!! So this is the frame....Looks A LOT like the pit pro I have now....some differences...but the welds look almost identical and its most certainly a chromo frame...in a pitpro style...it was advertised as a 2012 pit pro 150yx....?? What ever that means! Also pretty sure the plastics are not the original plastics....there is a weird bracket that comes off of where the oil cooler is that holds the front bits...Should I get the hammer out and see if it dents just to be sure? :p

DSC_0262.jpg

measure the bolt spacing on the front caliper bracket that bolts to the forks
i might have one that will locate the caliper closer to the disc, that way you will use the whole friction area of your disc pads.

or unbolt it from the forks, slide the caliper off the mounting bracket and bring it down one day

measure the bolt spacing on the front caliper bracket that bolts to the forks
i might have one that will locate the caliper closer to the disc, that way you will use the whole friction area of your disc pads.

or unbolt it from the forks, slide the caliper off the mounting bracket and bring it down one day

Yeah I had a look, I think its more to do with the fact there is only half a brake pad on one side. There are no other mounting bolts for the caliper so it cant be moved either. :thumbdown:

I might be able to put the pit pro front calliper on there for sunday, or just man up and not care to much about front brakes. Ordered a seat from DHZ was shipped today....fingers crossed it gets here tomorrow and the big foot should be ok for the ride Sunday. Otherwise I can make up a couple of brackets and screw them into hte seat and it should be ok....

the caliper, and the caliper mount are 2 different things.
the caliper slides over 2 pins on the bracket.

what i meant before is, i have a spare caliper mounting bracket here, the bolt pattern where it bolts to the forks is 44mm from centre to centre

Yup. Not sure if this is what you meant....havnt had much sleep my brain is not working very well today.

Calliper mount on forks looks like 55mm and the calliper looks like its about 78mm or something. Still wont solve the brake pad problem...hang on Ill pull it off cause its cheese anyway!

DSC_0307.jpg

DSC_0308.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back