Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, i think i see what you mean, by moving the shocks mount it gives it more travel...

lol, ran outta coffee this morning, still havnt gotten over it :duhman:

All good you can actually see the other mount hole in that last photo that Craig posted. Just to the right of where the top of the shock mounts the frame!

tbh stu, i think your obsessing over shock length a little to much. if you get the shock set up correctly for your weight you shouldnt bottom your shock out anyway. i hit some good size jumps on the my boys motovert/bitsa build and that only has a 250lbs fastace on it, and is a small bike, and i still havnt bottomed it out.

tbh stu, i think your obsessing over shock length a little to much. if you get the shock set up correctly for your weight you shouldnt bottom your shock out anyway. i hit some good size jumps on the my boys motovert/bitsa build and that only has a 250lbs fastace on it, and is a small bike, and i still havnt bottomed it out.

Yeah I know just cant shake the old school DH'er in me, if there is travel there to be had I WANT IT!!!! Its fine, didnt have a problem with it on Sunday(got it to the bumpstop on the rear). Just want to have a play with the other bolt hole. Really its more just getting it set up super comfy more so than anything! Since I cant afford and LXR then I have to make do with what I have, and always like to get the most out of thing!!

Oh the forks are on the ferry apparently. I've found the depot they're delivering them too here in Adelaide is actually nice and quite helpful, and they dont mind telling me whats actually going on. None of this be patient **** e-go keep spouting! :thumbup: so hopefully Monday they'll be here!

thank god they are "somewhere", not "we dont know where" lmao. you will be stoked in how much better the front will feel.
i can uderstand where ya coming from with the rear shock, and its all ways fun to experiment, i was more meaning dont go spendin up on a longer shock assuming it will solve all the 'feel' problems in the bum. considering you have two dnms, i wouldnt be looking to buy any new rear shocks. (unless you want a elka, which i happen to have one really cheap ;) lmao )

thank god they are "somewhere", not "we dont know where" lmao. you will be stoked in how much better the front will feel.
i can uderstand where ya coming from with the rear shock, and its all ways fun to experiment, i was more meaning dont go spendin up on a longer shock assuming it will solve all the 'feel' problems in the bum. considering you have two dnms, i wouldnt be looking to buy any new rear shocks. (unless you want a elka, which i happen to have one really cheap ;) lmao )

God no is what my bank account is yelling at me! All I REALLY need now is the TTR plastics for the bigwheel and some more paint and done for a while! Spent up enough and the shock I got from you is fine for the pitpro, I was looking at it and thinking I might be able to put another mounting hole for it and get the angles a bit better + more travel. lulz, it sits a tiny tiny bit high but will get it worked out :thumbup:

The bigwheel has a gpx i-shock on it :thumbup: and that was pretty comfy even with how much the track was chewed up by the big bikes. Will have to unwind the spring a bit however, little bit stiff for my weight atm. It felt good over the jumps, I'm also getting used to the fact motorbikes are designed to flat land. I still watch people hang up and cringe, as if you did that on a bmx, it was going to be bad either for the rider or the bike or both!!

Also surprised at how well my body took riding Sunday, Im stong from work but was expecting a little more joint pain from old injuries. Definitely smoother on the moto than on the BMX or MTB so that is an all round win! Working monday after riding sunday isnt physically impossible!! So I like that part of motorcross bikes for sure! Looking forward to the next ride, and fixing the gearbox tomorrow, or watching craig do it while trying to wrap my head around how it all works, trying to memorise what goes where etc! :rockon:

plastics wise, i have the white tank shrouds from the x4r or a full set of blue ones that are pretty scuffed up, if you want either just let me no and they are yours for the price of postage. not to sure if the blue ones would work as they are of my old pro x frame. check with craig he would no :).
landing jumps on a motorbike is so different from the pushies, would be hard for you to get your head around lol. i remember snapping a old Apollo frame as a kid flat landing. didnt feel nice for me either but at least i didnt have my headstem and forks torn out like the bike ;)
the bike pictured above is yours yeah? cause damn that shock looks like the dnm..... and i thought i shock was fox?

plastics wise, i have the white tank shrouds from the x4r or a full set of blue ones that are pretty scuffed up, if you want either just let me no and they are yours for the price of postage. not to sure if the blue ones would work as they are of my old pro x frame. check with craig he would no :).
landing jumps on a motorbike is so different from the pushies, would be hard for you to get your head around lol. i remember snapping a old Apollo frame as a kid flat landing. didnt feel nice for me either but at least i didnt have my headstem and forks torn out like the bike ;)
the bike pictured above is yours yeah? cause damn that shock looks like the dnm..... and i thought i shock was fox?

Yeah thats the PitPro big wheel I picked up for $300 a couple of weeks back. Ended up riding that on sunday because I didnt have the forks! Sorry its a GPX GH-something(I think) not an i-shock,its fully adjustable and feels pretty good! I kinda liked the size of the bigwheel, I am pretty tall. Yeah not to bad on the jumps. Apparently I looked like I knew what I was doing....although I'll have to get someone to film me next time so I can analyse what I am and am not doing correctly! Maybe leaning back a bit on the jumps? It felt natural when I first started riding and doing the jumps landing to flat to move my weight backwards a bit just so I dont land front wheel first. All in all I dont think I did to badly! Did you see any of the vids from Sunday? Posted up under the Places to ride in SA although its all first person, you can tell when I'm getting off the ground. I think I missed the landing of the big table by only about 2m or so once, but I was hitting the berms really slowly cause they were LOOSE as, with huge ruts under the dust. I have a couple of moments in the footage :thumbup: Eying off the small doubles but decided I'm going to take my time, even tho it would have been a piece of cake the bike is not reliable enough atm, didnt want it to slip out of gear on the run up and faceplant ;)

the rear shock is a DNM MK-AR rear shock, not GPX

^^ lol, didnt think it was a gpx. would be pretty much the same as the shock i sent over yeah?

Yeah it was worth buying it just for the suspension package really! Looking at getting a new RH crank case as the one on there was cracked, then Craigs spare was also cracked in the exact same place! Sucks but only about $80 for a new crank case....looking at another bike tomorrow, may be able to turn a decent profit on!

Not good!

yeah, i agree thats pretty crappy about the cases. i remember reading a thread a while back, that it was iether the lifan 150's or the yx150's that had massive kickback problems, you had to kick it over a few degrees past TDC.

did you notice any kickback when kicking it over?

yeah, i agree thats pretty crappy about the cases. i remember reading a thread a while back, that it was iether the lifan 150's or the yx150's that had massive kickback problems, you had to kick it over a few degrees past TDC.

did you notice any kickback when kicking it over?

There was a little at times, although it was slipping out of gear a whole bunch. You can see it slipping out in the videos I posted of last sunday! There is an upgrade kit which is a needle bearing and a billet spacer to put in place of that larger bearing in there! Dunno, might see if Craig and me can sort something out....but I still need a new RH crankcase, they're around $80!

the YX140/150 engines had problems with kickback,
but then all pit bike engines should be started from just past TDC

the oil cooler lines run to the clutch cover, not the crank case
that r/h case is for engines with rear mounted clutches like the GPX125, Lifan 140 Lifan 150 etc
but did you notice it is nevermore available ?

Last edited:
the oil cooler lines run to the clutch cover, not the crank case
that r/h case is for engines with rear mounted clutches like the GPX125, Lifan 140 Lifan 150 etc
but did you notice it is nevermore available ?

yep I did! I was just thinking if a GPX 125 would fit then maybe one of them is easier to find locally? Not sure, its a bit of a weird problem....I want to be sure its solved once and for all before the engine goes back together, or inevitably this will happen again! Do you think we might be able to make a spacer and get a new bearing from the bearing shop? I kinda like taht idea more than a new case, not sure if the crack would get any worse if there was a spacer and a smaller bearing!? More messing around, but the problem needs solving, I kinda feel a new crankcase is really just a bandaid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back