Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah sort of.
if the forks half a maximum 8 inches of travel, fitting smaller wheels wont change that.

but on Stus' bike there is 8.5" above the front tyre till it touches,
his suspension would only have maybe 7.75" inches of travel even though there is 8" of fork tubes hanging out the bottom of them

i found a/the clunk in your bike when i unloaded it before.
did you notice i looked at your rear axle, chain tensioner, rear wheel spacer area?
i spotted some shiny metal, your inner bearing race of the back wheel, felt the spacer but it felt tight.
then when i dropped the bike back onto the ground i heard the clunk.
i gave the back wheel a wobble left to right, and noticed about 3mm-4mm movement in your axle.
the rear axle bolt/nut is loose.
that would be why the caliper mount is moving around a bit too.

btw, how is the weather today, 37° during the day and raining at night.

Ooooops....That could have been BAD!!! Yeah weather is crazy. Customer bailed on me today because she is sick. Chasing up the GPX forks....feel like putting my head into a freaking blender(no pun intended). The lady at the depot in Adelaide was very nice, but she informed me they were never scanned into the depot in Tassy... :hache:

Even though they have been picked up from Tassy Stu....seriously not sure if I'll ever see them at this stage.

so who taught you to copy and paste ?
have you tried out your BigWheel 150 link in your signature yet ?

i gave your bike a clean to get Sundays' dust/dirt off it.
i let some brake cleaner soak on the red, dirt stained head and barrel and then pressure cleaned the lot off.
it is now looking better again. the brake cleaner even got the stains off your DNM
i cleaned and oiled your filter, and cleaned and greased your chain too.

it is all ready for the engine to come out now.

cheers,
i just didn't want to get covered in red dirt, oil and grease while i'm pulling the engine out.

my Fuse hasn't been washed/cleaned/oiled/lubed for over 6 months,
at the track last Sunday i just added a bit more dirt to all the dirt from up at the farm last time we went.

:beerchug: Awesome! Looks like an entirely new bike....Ok I'll order the plastics up. Hooked up my insurance for $40 a month instead of a massive $500 hit. Rego in 2 weeks, should be able to afford some new plastics now :thumbup:

I'll be down Friday definitely will try get down before lunch and we can go through this gearbox! Yeh signature was done early in the morning....not surprised I made a mistake on that either!

Hahahha Cordogs, I am a little shocked too dw!!

the brake dust/wheel cleaner i used,
i found it in a 750ml spray bottle at my local cheap shop, it isn't too strong to damage or etch the alloy.
best thing is it is about $3.50 a bottle

the earlier pics in post #27 this thread were after i gave it a quick clean it with degreaser and then pressure cleaned.

the earlier pics in post #27 this thread were after i gave it a quick clean it with degreaser and then pressure cleaned.

Yeah just looking at the blygo stuff. Will hold off on plastics but just ordered the tank. I didnt realise the dollar was back up so high! Just got a tank for $34 it looks like :thumbup:

the brake dust/wheel cleaner i used,
i found it in a 750ml spray bottle at my local cheap shop, it isn't too strong to damage or etch the alloy.
best thing is it is about $3.50 a bottle

Cheap shop for the win!!! What kind of cheap shop is it? I'll go have a look for some of that stuff looks like it worked well for the price :thumbup:

i'll grab you one, it's just next to Cj's school

i'll grab you one, it's just next to Cj's school

Awesome, I see the tyres look in better condition than I thought. Although that last photo looks almost like there is a flat spot in the rim, not sure just from the photo. Will have to have a look at that on friday!

yeah there is a flat spot, nothing to stress about.
i would be more worried about why they thought they needed to silicon the rear tyre/bead to the rim though ?

yeah there is a flat spot, nothing to stress about.
i would be more worried about why they thought they needed to silicon the rear tyre/bead to the rim though ?

No idea, maybe it was keeping the tyres pumped up...backyarder slime Blakeview style? I was wondering what the stuff around the tyres was...Its got a bead lock though...so why would it need that? Maybe the bead lock isnt actually attached?

I also had the though. If that front shock mount is to 'lower' the rear end....I could put a 'longer' than standard shock in that slot to get it to the same height as the 'higher' slot, and gain some rear travel at the same time!! :thumbup: when I have some money that is! Unless I can find someone who wants to swap me one of my 290mm adjustables rear shocks for a 310mm or 320mm something like that. Will have a look at that friday too!

you dont want to go too long with rear shocks, the increased angle will make your chain rub through sliders alot quicker. i'd say to go up by 20-25mm in shock length max.

you dont want to go too long with rear shocks, the increased angle will make your chain rub through sliders alot quicker. i'd say to go up by 20-25mm in shock length max.

Yeah I know its 'adjustable' though. So you can put the rear shock in 1 of two places. The chain angle would technically be the exact same as it would be in the 'higher' slot just with more travel mate! But will have a play on friday and see what the score is. My brain is thinking about stuff I cannot afford so not much point really even playing around with it at this stage!

oh, i think i see what you mean, by moving the shocks mount it gives it more travel...

lol, ran outta coffee this morning, still havnt gotten over it :duhman:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back