Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I was trying to say about the brake pad its cheese!!! :thumbdown:

DSC_0312.jpg

Also I found a brand name on the forks...interesting!

DSC_0310.jpg

yeah i saw the Vopo name the other day when you had it here.

i know someone that sells those disc pads, $20 a pair iirc ?
do you have a pic of the other disc pad, is it a square-ish one ?

slide the caliper off the mount for me and take a pic of the mounting plate

Ok here is the mounting plate and hte pads. The pads most definitely need replacing.

Oh there were some bolts being used as spacers between the mount and the caliper, possibly had an offset disk in it before? Or this is just a super makeshift front brake that the kid 'made'....its hideous, it has a huge piston however which is always a good thing. Pretty sure its not the original mounting plate as it should have spacers on it already?

DSC_0315.jpg

Last edited:
it looks like they may have swapped the disc with a smaller one at some stage.
i reckon it needs a mount like this to help make the disc pads sit parallel to the disc

it looks like they may have swapped the disc with a smaller one at some stage.
i reckon it needs a mount like this to help make the disc pads sit parallel to the disc

I'm not doubting if you're correct, learnt my lesson on that one. Have you got any 54mm mounts laying in your spare parts??

Might have to bring it down tomorrow if you have some time and see if we can get it worked out so it at least kinda stops!

There is a fair bit of space on that bracket I have...maybe we can re-position it, drill and tap some new holes that mount it up a bit better with the disk on there atm? Thats about the simplest plan I can come up with....not sure if it would work or not however!?

ok so the mount looks like 50mm from middle to middle of the holes. Thinking something like maybe cut a bit off the bottom and drill another hole? Cant see to well now but seems like it may work?

kinda what I'm thinking....
diskmount.jpg

i have helped Stu fix up a couple of issues with this bike over the last week.

we have swapped the 190mm front disc over for a 210mm disc which it would have come with originally.
and modified the brake caliper mount to sit the caliper in the correct position.

it was such an easy job to swap the disc, not !
one bolts was very stuck, i tried welding a bolt to it to try and undo it, but that didn't work.
the china disc bolts were softer than the bolt i welded to it and it just pulled bits off the china bolt.
so we ended up drilling it out in a few steps, then cleaned up the threads with a tap.
i also bled the front brakes this morning, so the brakes are all good now.

i have rerouted the wiring, it was wrapped around the manifold, and a few wires were pulled tight

the china Mikuni 22/26 carby has been pulled down, cleaned out, blown out, and a bigger (#20) Pilot jet fitted
when i had the manifold off to untangle the wiring, i noticed that the intake manifold gasket was missing too, so i made another for that.

Stu secured his seat a bit better than the previous owner had, too

i went over the bike today to check it was ready to take out to the track tomorrow.
i replaced the front brake lever, $12.50 for a new one, pretty sure you can't ride at most tracks with a snapped off lever, too dangerous.

i welded another nut to the bottom of the header pipe to secure the exhaust shield on, stop it rattling etc.

and fitted another used kick start lever too, the original one was worn out and about to let go

and i also found some foot peg return springs too, as they were missing.
and i straightened up the gear change lever.

Stu will need to adjust the valves tomorrow before he rides too

Last edited:
Seriously....I owe you money mate!!! Can you bring some feeler gauges with you tomorrow? I didnt pack mine, if I need the plastics hopefully can drop through kamakazie tomorrow on the way out and grab some? Either that or I'll do a quick run home and back early tomorrow!! Seriously thanks mate that freaking front disk was the dumbest ****e ever....what did it take 1.5hrs to get one bolt out!!! :thumbdown: for the dodgy kid build....

hey Stu,
i have been doing some comparisons this morning, you bike and mine.
to convert your bike to TTR style plastics and tank would be a very easy conversion.
it just need 2 brackets at the front of the frame for the tank, and the 2 rear fender mounting points to be moved up a little.

i wouldn't buy new KTM type plastics,
you could make the bike look more modern and get some like these,
Blue Plastics Fairing Fender KIT SET TTR 110 PIT PRO Trail Dirt Bike Thumpstar | eBay
TTR 110 Style GAS Fuel Petrol Tank TAP CAP PIT PRO Trail Dirt Bike Thumpstar | eBay

that seller has a make offer option, and might do you a good price for a tank and the plastic set ?
the new seat you have ordered will still fit with the TTR plastics too.

hey Stu,
i have been doing some comparisons this morning, you bike and mine.
to convert your bike to TTR style plastics and tank would be a very easy conversion.
it just need 2 brackets at the front of the frame for the tank, and the 2 rear fender mounting points to be moved up a little.

i wouldn't buy new KTM type plastics,
you could make the bike look more modern and get some like these,
Blue Plastics Fairing Fender KIT SET TTR 110 PIT PRO Trail Dirt Bike Thumpstar | eBay
TTR 110 Style GAS Fuel Petrol Tank TAP CAP PIT PRO Trail Dirt Bike Thumpstar | eBay

that seller has a make offer option, and might do you a good price for a tank and the plastic set ?
the new seat you have ordered will still fit with the TTR plastics too.

I'm a bit confused/still noob with this stuff. So TTR stuff is different from KLX stuff obviously!? The KLX Seat came today. Looks pretty good, it almost looks like a KLX tank on this bike but its not cause the top bolt for plastics it really inset....but they look very similar! Wondering if its worth doing it in KLX or will the KLX seat fit the TTR plastics too? I dont really mind either way...so I'd do the KLX plastics if you think it will look better like that.

I might jump on swaps or see if anyone on here has an old TTR 110 style fuel tank.

View attachment 9797

Last edited:
yeah the TTR110 seats fit the KLX as well, same style.
guess it all depends on your preferance

there are 2x different style KLX tanks though,
one for a single spar frame (like your bigfoot), and one for a twin spar frame like the TDR/Orion style frames

the TTR tank looks like it will be a straight swap onto your, just needs a couple of front mounts. (easy to make)
if i get a chance i'll pull my tank off, sit it on your bike and get a couple of pics.

yeah the TTR110 seats fit the KLX as well, same style.
guess it all depends on your preferance

there are 2x different style KLX tanks though,
one for a single spar frame (like your bigfoot), and one for a twin spar frame like the TDR/Orion style frames

the TTR tank looks like it will be a straight swap onto your, just needs a couple of front mounts. (easy to make)
if i get a chance i'll pull my tank off, sit it on your bike and get a couple of pics.

Cool, no hurry! Just first coated the pitpro in blue, photos will be up in a second!

i would go with the ttr 110 style plastics, they look awesome on a midsize pitty!

So when are you going to get some 14 and 12 " wheels ? ;)

i would go with the ttr 110 style plastics, they look awesome on a midsize pitty!

So when are you going to get some 14 and 12 " wheels ? ;)

14/12 wheels to go on the midsized bike? Is that what people do? Dunno I kinda like the size TBH, I would have struggled on the Eudunda track on a smaller wheels. Not planning on doing much to that bike atm as I still have the 2008 Pit Pro build going! Just painted the frame today and stickers have come....Need to paint the tank and get the forks when they finally arrive from the moon....

Yeah I'll go with the TTR plastics then! They do look pretty good! I found a tank for $40 shipped! :thumbup:

Last edited:
i found a/the clunk in your bike when i unloaded it before.
did you notice i looked at your rear axle, chain tensioner, rear wheel spacer area?
i spotted some shiny metal, your inner bearing race of the back wheel, felt the spacer but it felt tight.
then when i dropped the bike back onto the ground i heard the clunk.
i gave the back wheel a wobble left to right, and noticed about 3mm-4mm movement in your axle.
the rear axle bolt/nut is loose.
that would be why the caliper mount is moving around a bit too.

btw, how is the weather today, 37° during the day and raining at night.

14/12 wheels to go on the midsized bike? Is that what people do? Dunno I kinda like the size TBH, I would have struggled on the Eudunda track on a smaller wheels. Not planning on doing much to that bike atm as I still have the 2008 Pit Pro build going! Just painted the frame today and stickers have come....Need to paint the tank and get the forks when they finally arrive from the moon....

Yeah I'll go with the TTR plastics then! They do look pretty good! I found a tank for $40 shipped! :thumbup:

with the smaller wheels, the bike will turn alot quicker, but you'll feel the bumps a tad more, but it'll also give you alot more travel in your suspension.

plus, with 14/12" wheels, and ttr plastics it could be the "LXR" lol

how does it give you more suspension travel through fitting smaller wheels blender ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back