Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
don't know for sure, mine has been all good since i got it

reckon it might have something to do with people jumping on the gear levers etc to change down gears
and your's and my spare were both missing a shim between the clutch and bearing too,
so that play might have allowed it to stress the case where it cracked?

don't know for sure, mine has been all good since i got it

reckon it might have something to do with people jumping on the gear levers etc to change down gears
and your's and my spare were both missing a shim between the clutch and bearing too,
so that play might have allowed it to stress the case where it cracked?

Yeah I suppose we have no idea what really happened to those other two. Mine had clearly been dropped on the gear lever and had the chain come off and go through the cover at some point.....but its strange that one you got with electrical problems was also busted...you said that came from someone you know, but as you pointed out the rings were'nt even worn in completely....I just dont understand how that could go so quickly? Maybe there was a manufacturing fault in some of them? You either got a later or an earlier version. I doubt China would be jumping up and down telling if there was a manufacturing issue at some point...

i just dropped in the 150 case off to Sturmy,
he isn't sure on the alloy that was used in the making of it,
whether it has too much white metal or not, but he is willing to give it a go.
will cost you $20 if he can weld it, and i can pick it up before 5pm today or tomorrow.
i also picked up 2x Top threadlock tubes for you when i went past on my way home

here's a pic of stu's cracked r/h case.
a friend tried welding it for me but it didn't work
i might show this one to Rob at Lonsdale stu, and show him it can be welded ok
i reckon he should be able to do it, with the bearing fitted

Last edited:
here's a pic of stu's cracked r/h case.
a friend tried welding it for me but it didn't work
i might show this one to Rob at Lonsdale stu, and show him it can be welded ok
i reckon he should be able to do it, with the bearing fitted

Really? That would be pretty cool! Maybe take all of them up there?? Then we can split a bottle and it will cost us that much for working 150s!! :grinning-smiley-003

Or is only 1 savable now?

Well reasonably happy with how this all turned out in the end. I sold the frame and foxico forks, plastics, seat, tank and bars in a package to some bloke for $200. I sold the rear shock to Rikchick for $75 and the guy who bought the frame just came and paid me $40 for the rear brakes....score! So this bike actually made me money....and I still have the complete Lifan 150 sitting there, Im thinking Ill part it out and put it on ebay, as head, gearbox, kickstart shafts etc etc....should get another $50-$100 from that...sweet rather impressed with myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back